Chapter 23 - Work

Deandre Romeo

I got up early in the morning to prepare myself go to work. I went to Tatiana's side and checked her body temperature. I let out a breath of relieve that her body is not burning anymore. I took off the handkerchief from her head and put it on the bowl.

I walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I dried my body and walked out from the bathroom with a towel wrap around my hips. I put on my suit on and walked to Tatiana again. I looked at her one last time before going to work.

I walked to the door planning to go out but..

"Deandre." Tatiana called me and I turned to see her slowly sitting up. She looked at me and I was waiting for her to continue.

"I don't feel good." She said and I took my phone out from my pocket immediately. I called Linda, the doctor that came here yesterday.

"Hello."

"My wife is not feeling well.. come here immediately please." I said and ended the call. I walked to Tatiana and forced her to sleep again. I walked out to take a glass of warm water. I walked back it and make her drink it.

I called my secretary to cancel all my schedule today and I called Lucas that he has to deal with the dealers alone today. I mean.. I feel sorry for Lucas that he has to deal with this alone. He might be a photographer but he has to take over his dad's company for awhile until his brother Ethan finish school.

Someone knocked on my door and then I let Linda in to check on Tatiana. I just sat on the sofa waiting.

"Her fever is gone but apparently she has a lot of gas inside her stomach. I gave her a medicine and I suggest that she eats something warm like a soup and porridge. I think she's stressing a lot and have been so tired these days. Let her rest for 3 to 4 days." Linda said and I nodded.

"Thankyou." I said and she smiled. She walked out from the room and I turned to see Tatiana looking blankly to the ceiling.

I took off my blazer and planned to go out but Tatiana stopped me again.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Starbucks." I said in a cold tone.

"Can you come here?" I turned to her and she already sat up straight on the bed. She gestured me to come to her and I walked to her. Out of nowhere.. she farts. Her eyes widen and she turned to me slowly.

"So you make me go closer to you just to hear you fart?" I asked and she covers her face because of embarassment.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Want what?"

"Breakfast." She looked at me blinking her eyes a couple of times and I rolled my eyes.

"Acai bowl." She said and I just nodded. I was going to walk away but she held my hand.

"Tha-" She farts again.. "Thankyou and sorry." She said and then I nodded. I walked out from the room and walked down to the first floor. My eyes landed on the place where it should be the kitchen. I got rid of it because I think I will never need it. I took a deep breath and walked out from my house.

I got into my car and walked to the nearest acai bowl place. I went there and ordered one for Tatiana and while waiting for that.. I called my friend Renner.

"Deandre my buddy!"

"Hey.. how are you?"

"Good. So what's up?"

"Make a kitchen in my house." I said straight to the point.

"You said you don't need it.. why the sudden wanting it again?" He asked.

"I need it."

"Okay.. when do you want me to work it?"

"Start Tuesday."

"What type of kitchen?"

"I trust you.. just match it with my house type." I said clearly don't care.

"Still don't get it why do you want a kitchen.."

"I have a wife." I said and I heard something fall from the other side.

"You what?!" Renner asked disbelief.

"You heard me, Renner."

"I heard that but I want to make sure that I hear it right.."

"You heard that right."

"Okay.. I will make you a kitchen on Tuesday and I will finish it in 3 days tops."

"Okay.. Good." I said and ended the call. The waitress put the take away acai bowl in front of me and I took it. I walked back to my car and drove back to my house. I drove my car into my mansion and found an unknown car.

I got out from the car at the same time as Eric walking out from my house. He patted Tatiana's head and talked to her about something. He turned to me and he smirked looking at me bringing acai bowl for her. I saw Tatiana holding one on her hand.

"Hello Mr. Romeo." Eric greeted me as I threw the acai bowl that I just bought to the trash bin. Tatiana's jaw dropped seeing it.

"Hello Eric." I greeted him back and patted his arm. I walked in and walked upstairs to take my suit. I'm going to work since Tatiana's already healthy. I walked down and found her body leaning to the door. She crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Did you just throw the acai bowl into the bin?"

"You have one.." I pointed at the acai bowl that Eric brought. She turned to it and sighed.

"Where are you going?"

"Work.. Move." I said as I button up my suit. I gestured her to move away from the door.

"He was just checking on me." She said and I looked straight to her eyes.

"So?"

"I called your secretary that you won't go to work."

"I have an important meeting with Lucas and I can't let him down. You're so much better now.. if you want company.. you can call Eric again because I'm busy." I said as I was trying to go out but she kept standing in front of the door.

"Tatiana." I said in a warning tone and she sighed. She moved her body and I walked out from the door. I got into the car and looked at Tatiana once again. Our eyes met and I looked away. I drove out from my mansion to go straight to work.