Chapter 5

Layton on the side ----->

Chapter 5

I groggily opened my eyes and woke up. A little bit of light shone through the blinds and I squinted at it. I don't remember pulling the blinds closed.

Shrugging it off, I yawned and stretched my arms over my head before rubbing the back of my head with one of my hands. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I smiled when I noticed face wash and small towels near the sinks. After washing my face and drying it with one of the soft towels, I looked at myself in the mirror. I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing how different I looked.

Speaking of which, I still have no idea why I look different. It was one of the things that slipped my mind when I was speaking with Layton and Levi yesterday.

I finished doing my morning routine before walking back to the room and pulling the blinds open. I was surprised to see that instead of seeing the sun outside, I saw the moon. Instead of seeing the morning sky, all I saw was a black sky with some stars shining.

Holy heck I slept through the day?

I groaned and rubbed my head. Great, there's no way I was going to go back to sleep since I felt energetic, but at the same time I didn't want to be the only ones awake.  Layton and Levi were probably sleeping since it was night time.

Walking down the steps, I was surprised to see them both on the couch watching TV. "How are you guys up this late?" I asked, rubbing the back of my head.

They looked at me weirdly. "Seriously Braska?" Levi asked, shaking his head. "It's only been nine hours and already you've forgotten?"

I shook my head. Did I miss something?

In a flash I was pressed against the wall with Levi restraining my arms to my sides. His eyes darkened but that wasn't what made me terrified. A scream escaped my lips when I saw two fangs pop out of his mouth.

Holy crabcakes how did I forget they were vampires?!

Suddenly Levi was pushed away from me and replacing him, but with his back turned towards me, was Layton, looking mighty pissed at Levi. "What the fuck was that?" he seethed, breathing heavily.

I didn't want to be anywhere near a pissed off vampire so I silently cowered in the wall. It wasn't like I could go anywhere else. 

"Just joking around," Levi replied rolling his eyes, as if he wasn't in front of someone who looked ready to rip his head off.

He stood up and brushed off his pants, before shaking his head at me. "Come on dude, you're scaring the poor girl. Just calm your tits while I search up anger management classes in the area."

"Thanks it!" Layton growled, before tackling Levi. Another scream left me as I watched the two throw each other punches and kicks.

While Layton looked like he was trying to rip off Levi's head, Levi was trying to block off his attacks. He was doing good for himself, but sometimes he was too slow and missed a punch that came from other side while he was trying to block a kick.

I wasn't as scared as I felt a few minutes ago, now I was just curiously watching the two with their little wrestling match. They reminded me of siblings fighting over who gets the remote.

"Are you guys done?" I asked, trying to sounds bored. In all honesty I was terrified that they would take their anger out on me and start attacking me instead. There was no way I was going to survive one punch from either of them.

Heck, I don't think I'll be able to handle a shove without having to check if my ribs are bruised or not.

They looked up at me before standing up. Layton's hair looked disheveled, which wasn't doing me any favors, while Levi had a cut on his lip. Other than that they didn't look that major. It was all just minor injuries.