Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"C-come again?" I squeaked out, not caring if my voice sounded weird at that very moment. 

He took a deep breath before repeating the sentence he said before. "Levi and I are vampires."

I looked to the left and to the right before looking back at him. He stared at me with a blank expression and I couldn't help but let a little chuckle out. 

"Haha, very funny Layton. If this is revenge for making fun of your room I get it. But seriously though, what did you want to tell me?" I said, leaning back against my arms which were behind me.

He rubbed his head and looked really frustrated, which confused me. He couldn't be serious about the vampire thing. Vampires belong in Hollywood or in poster form in teenage girl rooms. They don't belong in the real world.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me. How do you want me to prove it to you?" he asked, sitting back up straighter. I was shocked at his statement. He wanted to prove he was a vampire? I knew there were people out there role-playing as vampires, and it sorta looks fun from the outside, but he was taking this too far.

Maybe I should just play along and see where this takes me.

"Well, I would say show me your fangs since that's the most obvious thing, but you could have fake ones on..." I said to myself. He stayed silent while I thought to myself about what he could do to prove me that he was one. "Turn into a bat!" I shouted excitedly, slightly jumping in place.

He gave me an amused look before shaking his head. "Sorry sweetheart, can't do that." I ignored how I felt when he called me sweetheart and pouted.

"Then you're not a real vampire then," I scoffed, crossing my arms across my chest.

"You can't just conclude that just because I won't turn into a bat," he said.

"Ha! You said 'won't', not 'can't'. So you can turn into a bat, you just won't do it," I argued, flipping back some of my hair. Before I used to want long hair, but at this point it was getting really annoying. Maybe I'll cut it shorter some other time.

He groaned. "Nebraska, I'm not physically capable of turning into one," he told me.

Sure he isn't. Why? Because he wasn't a vampire!

"Course not, only a real vampire can," I smirked, grabbing a magazine from the counter on his desk and flipping through it. I rolled my eyes at the number of girls in their bikinis and instead tried to focus on the articles, which weren't that any better. Boys will be boys I guess.

"Anything else other than turning into a bat?" he asked, looking annoyed.

I thought about it for a moment. What else was something vampires could do was seemed really cool?

"Do you sparkle in the sun?" I asked, trying to hold in my laughter at the expression on his face the second the question left my mouth.

How I wish I had a camera to record this moment.

"Do I- where are you getting these questions?" he exclaimed, looking bewildered. I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore, not with his stupid confused face, and I burst out into a fit on laughter.

I was literally rolling on the floor laughing, since I was at the very edge of the bed and my fit of laughter caused me to tumble down to the floor, but that didn't stop my laughter by one bit. 

Sobering up a little, I was still kneeling on the floor while my head rested on the bed. Layton was looking at me amused now, with a small smile gracing his face. He looked pretty handsome when a genuine smile was on his face.