-the truth-

-the truth-

It all started with one invitation that he made the mistake of accepting.

Gently, he looked at the box, examining it. It's not small to be a ring box but it is big enough to be a box of a necklace. He doesn't understand why he felt whatever was inside that box will change everything. Why does he sudden;y grew afraid of whatever he will find inside that box. With breath held, he quickly removed the ribbon and opened the box. A small black flash drive welcomed him. Without wasting time he grabbed the flash drive and stood for the television. He turned it on and placed the flash drive on it. There was only one file in it and it was a video. Witha heavy heart, strained breathing, Jiyong reached for the remote control in order to play the video.

The video started on a dark room, that cradled a huge white bed with messy sheets. It looked so familiar to him yet he had forgotten where it was. Soon, you can hear the door opened, footsteps filled the video. Jiyong's eyes widened in disbelief on the next thing he saw. It was him kissing someone while they walk blindly towards the bed. Not much longer, the woman he was making out with came to view. Upon recognizing her Jiyong's heart fell on the floor.

No!

I said no! I don't want both of you on that collaboration.

Shaking, he fought to keep his eyes on the screen as everything unfolded before him. The way they kissed so hungrily, how they desperately removed one another's clothes. The moment that they were naked on the bed, Jiyong had enough as he pressed the button on the remote effectively turning off the television. His heart was pounding hard against his chest and he felt lost, he felt all emotions in between. Swirling inside him in such chaos.

What was that? What the hell was that?

Clutching his hairs in desperation, he tried remembering everything but he can't. How did that happen without him remembering anything? He can't remember anything between the two of them.

Then soon, everything fell into places, he remembered the room. He remembered what happened. With such hurry, he grabbed the flash drive and placed it inside the box, he gathered every red letter, all that looked suspicious. Placed it all on the garbage bag while he held tightly on the box as he rushed out of her place. He needed to know the truth. He must know the truth.

What really happened 8 years ago.

Jiyong dumped everything on his car's passenger seat before driving. Before leaving he dialed her number, in just a few rings, she answered. "Oppa," Chaerin's voice flooded his car and he felt suddenly sick as the memories of what he just watched played in his mind.

"Where are you?" He asked, almost gritting.

"At home, why? Is there anything wrong?" The lady was confused on the other line.

"I'll be there," with that he ended the call as he stepped on the gas more and drove like he was running out of time and his life depended on it.

It was all because he made the mistake of accepting that invitation.

Chaerin was preparing for a small snack when Jiyong barged inside her unit with a red velvet box in his hand. He looked lost and as if panicking while he started to roam his eyes all over the place. "Oppa," Chaerin called yet it fell deaf to his ears while he started looking all over the place. Confused, Chaerin followed him asking him questions which were all left unheard. Suddenly, Jiyong jogged his way to her room with the lady following him. He grabbed the handle of the door and pushed it open. The moment he was inside the room, the red velvet box fell from his hold.

It was the room on the video.

There might be a thing or two that changed but he was sure. His tears fell. "Oppa," Chaerin held his arm. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" The lady asked worriedly. Jiyong turned to her, tears still streaming down his cheeks. He held both his shoulders too tight that she winced in pain.

"What did you do?" He exclaimed, stunning Chaerin, leaving her speechless and wide-eyed. "What did you do?!"

Chaerin pushed him away, shaking, trying so hard to pull herself together. "What are you talking about?" She asked equally agitated.

Jiyong snatched the box from the floor and almost shoved it to her. "What is this?! What did you do?!" Now he was angry, shouting and she feared for her life. Chaerin looked at the box before looking back to the fuming man before her.

"I-I don't know what you are talking about!" She screamed more on afraid. Somewhere in her, she knew, she knew that one day he will find out the truth but never did she imagine that it would be at that moment.

Jiyong opened the box and showed her the flash drive. He was angry, confused and crying. "What did you do?! Tell me the truth! You all have been fooling me for the longest time! It's about time I hear the truth!" His teeth gritted so much that they felt like they will break soon.

Chaerin fell on the floor, crying so hard while muttering her apology over and over again.

"I don't need your damn apology! Tell me the truth!" Jiyong snarled throwing the box away until it hit her mirror. Soon, he began thrashing the whole place. The moment his eyes landed on the bed, he quickly went out the room. He felt like he was going to be sick. Just imagining how he spent days and years on that room without knowing the truth about it.

Chaerin followed him, holding his arm and begging for his forgiveness. "I'm sorry, Oppa. Please, please forgive me!" She knelt before him as Jiyong turned around and began throwing things. Breaking everything that he touched.

"Forgive you? How the fuck would I do that?! I don't know the truth! I lost the woman I love, protected and offered my loyalty to! Fuck you!" Jiyong fell on the floor, crying hard. He's about to lose his sanity. He's slowly reaching his breaking point. And any of this will soon crumble him into nothing.

"It was Top Oppa's plan." Chaerin's words were broken as Jiyong turned to her.

"What?"

"It was Top Oppa's plan. We planned it together with Kiko..." The lady cried in defeat. Jiyong looked away from her. It was too painful to look at her. He could not take her betrayal not just to him but to Dara who loved her so dearly.

"Why?" He bit his lip hard.

"Because I love you... and Top Oppa loves Dara so much." Insane, he was not the one who's crazy. It was them. It wasn't him. It was them. Without any other word, he stood up and rushed out of that place, slamming the door so hard leaving her crying on the floor still muttering endless apology that now, he wasn't even willing to hear.

And she woke up thinking of the invitation she sent that he made the mistake of accepting.