Chapter:16

I snuck into Jackson and Percy's room. Lightning was illuminating the house and thunder was shaking it. I curled in the bed next to one of them. He stirred before realizing I was the one in bed next to him. He pulled me closer to him. I could tell just by the hands who it was.

Percy. He covered my head and held it against his chest. "The storm keeping you up?" He asked. I nodded. He rubbed my back with his other hand. A loud thunder clap not only scared me but made us both jump. I curled up closer to him. He rubbed my back again. "It'll pass doll. They always do." He reassured.

Two sets of footfalls came on the stairs. Zach had to leave this morning to go somewhere in the state for three days. "Where is she?" I heard one ask. Percy rubbed my back again before whisper shouting out that I was with him. Luca and Matthew both came into the bedroom.

I tried to hide from the flashes of lightning. Two more hands rubbed different parts of my body. One rubbing a leg and the other an arm. Thunder rumbled loudly. I buried my head deeper into Percy's shoulder. Luca started saying things in Italian softly. It slightly calmed me. "Let me see her Perce." Luca said. Percy gently let me go as Luca pulled me to him.

He started whispering a song an older gentleman in Italy once sang to me at night while I was there. It calmed me down more. He held me against him. Matthew held me along with Luca. Percy got out of bed and held me with them. Jackson was at the hospital, now that I think about it. When I was calm enough I curled up in their embrace.

"There's no way any of us are going back to sleep with this storm." Matthew said. "I agree." Percy said. Luca stood up with me still in his arms. The three of them took me to the living room with them and each sat down on a cushion on one couch. Percy was on one side of Luca while Matthew was on the other side.

The three of them decided on a show to watch. Percy turned a lamp on so the lightning wouldn't be too bad. About thirty minutes into whatever they were watching I was close to dozing.

A hand rubbing my arm caused me to open my eyes. Light chuckling filled my ears. "Despises nighttime thunderstorms." Jackson. He picked me up from where I was laying. "Come on sweetheart. Let's let them sleep." He said carrying me to bed. I was still exhausted. Probably emotionally.

I could tell he showered before crawling into the bed with me. I was asleep once more with him laying next to me.

Something good filled my nose. I sat up refreshed from sleeping. I found some shorts before going into the kitchen. Before I could react I was picked up and set on the counter. "Should have woke us up to go back to our own beds." Matthew said. "Sorry." I said. "No need for you to be apologizing to me, Luca or Percy for what we did last night. Nor for waking us up to go get in our own beds. We were too exhausted last night with the whole storm going off.

"The reason Luca and I went downstairs last night was because we were making sure the storm wasn't bothering you. Now we know, now we can be prepared for the next storm." He said as he stood in front of me with his hands on either side of me. "Your the first one on our team and in our family that is terrified of storms."

"It's not bad during the day." I said. "Only at night?" He asked. I nodded. He kissed my forehead. "Now help me finish brunch. They'll be up in seconds when they smell this." He said helping me down off the counter.