Chapitre Quinze

JEROME

As I expected, it was none other than the infamous Nicki Minaj’s tunes that blasted out through the entire club pumping into the veins of each and everyone of the clubgoer’s like a powerful drug. The loudness was thumping on my entire body – caressing deeper than merely on my skin – before I could even enter the premise and it was magical.

I would still keep my guards up from the roaming predators.

I haven’t been clubbing for quite a while and I wouldn’t want to start attracting all the wrong guys. I have standards and Ingrid promised me that the main reason here is not to get a one-night-stand but more to enjoy ourselves – though hopefully not too much.

Dancing with each other and let loose, like I used to before I decided the scene was just too much for me. A small part of me had to admit to her that I kinda miss hitting the clubs going so late into the night and get slightly intoxicated together.

I might be 25 years old in two months’ time but most people would mistaken me for younger so I would always try to take that to my advantage though I hate the fact that I had to prove my age before we could get pass the two big bouncers.

“If I were you I wouldn’t turn around and look back.”

She was keeping up to her promise not to get too tipsy with alcohol and stayed by my side pretty much since we walked into the club. I shot her a questioning look and she insisted not to let me turn my head over my shoulders.

I complied to her silly request but not without shooting questions her way.

The cute, blond bar guy behind the counter had been flirting non-stop with me since I sat my way here after a tiring dance-off with Ingrid so I gave him another quick wink before focusing back to the naturally gorgeous Korean lady next to me. She didn’t have to put much effort into her makeup and the cheap smell of alcohol and bodily germs began to make their presence around us, blemishing her overall prestige.

“Is it him?” I didn’t even know which him I was referring to, to be honest.

I raised my shot glass as the tall and lean bar-guy poured me another one of those glorious Smirnoff vodkas, I nodded at him with a rosy warmth on my cheeks. The following sting in my throat was nothing to faze me from flirting back with him.

“Yeah, I wish it was Cooper. That would have been a lovely surprise.”

“Then who is it? Can I turn around now?” She turned back facing the bar, obviously trying to not look at this unwanted person behind us.

She clicked her fingers and the other bartender, a lady in her late 20s immediately poured her a shot of fine brandy without even having to ask. I have a feeling she must be a regular clubgoer here then, judging by the fliratious smile that the bar girl sent her way.

She dunked it down with one go and wipes her mouth with the back of her hand. She scooted closer next to me, dragging her swivel bar chair with her while trying her best not to give away too much information.

“You seriously don’t want to turn around now Jer, trust me.”

“Oh fuck no, Ingrid… Are you kidding me?”

The cute bar guy was quite busy serving the other patrons along the wooden counter but he kept on sending winks my way and I didn’t even bother to blush this time round. I glanced at my best friend beside as she tried to hide her face underneath her thick luscious raven hair but the bright lights in the club didn’t help much in that matter.