Chapitre Dix

YAY MORE FAM TIME <3

VOTE, LEAVE a COMMENT or two, LIKE, SHARE etc

KEEP 'EM LOVE COMING PEEPS 

>>>>>>>>>

COOPER

Melody turned her glance between the both of us brothers like we’re the infamous green Martians.

Wyatt, my dearest not-so-baby-anymore brother looked like shit and I looked way, way worse. Shawn is looking flawless as usual. It’s as though the three of us had a really rough night of steamy threesomes but Shawn is as expected, the least participative.

“I don’t even want to ask where you guys have been last night.”

“I am not involved in anything illegal or dangerous whatsoever, Mom. Scouts honor and all.” Shawn replied to save his own ass in front of his gorgeous mother, a tall and proud Haitian black woman in her late 40s.

“You don’t need to worry about that at all, Mrs. Howt. Shawn’s a really good boy. Almost too good to be true, if you get what I mean.”

Wyatt can be an ass sometimes but Melody finds it either terribly funny or terribly ironic because she had raised his son that way, so he’ll become a complete gentleman. She wouldn’t take that as an honest-to-heart compliment either so she returned her eyes back on flipping the lovely pancakes.   

“Good morning to you too, Wyatt. Rough night out yeah?”

“To be honest I don’t really like waking up snuggled with my own stepbrother, thank you.”

“But you guys are so cute together, brothers for life right?” Shawn wiggled his colorless pale eyebrows and Wyatt rolled his eyes while I threw my best friend a shut-up-or-I-will-cut-you glare.

Shawn and I used to have sleepovers at each other’s places back during the days before middle school anyway and I don’t really get why Wyatt would be too fussy about us sleeping next to each other. He used to come and join us back then, when he’s still scared of the notorious Boogeyman lurking under his Spongebob Squarepants bed.

Meanwhile, Melody is best at keeping our ‘not-so-nice activities’ as she referred to them, as a secret. We owed her that on so many occasions, mind you so this is basically only the first occasion where alcohol – and some recreational drug perhaps – is involved and Wyatt being the baby out of the three of us made her more concerned but she let it slide, for now.

She wouldn’t call Annie or our dad unless any of us are injured or in harm so we’re in the clear for now. I am such a horrible influence to both Wyatt and Shawn and I wondered why she would never rat me out to either of my parents. Maybe she loves me like a second though less sweet son?

The wafting smell of freshly brewed coffee mixed with the fluffy pancakes made Wyatt’s senses become a bit more heightened and he rushed from the stool by the big wooden island top in the middle of the kitchen to run to the bathroom.

“There goes your yesterday’s dinner, bro.”

Wyatt ran behind us and then flipped the bird at us with one hand and the other cupped tight over his mouth to stop spewing his digested food particles, before disappearing into the hallway towards the closest toilet. I chuckled at his priceless about-to-puke face and bumped my right fist with Shawn’s who shared the same chuckle as me but I’m more like guffawing – which is not really a nice sound, I can be mistaken for a really excited walrus.