Chapitre Trois

COOPER

"Higher, Cooper, higher!"

She raised her arms up high begging me for a lift. I complied by lifting her with one swoop – she shrieked excitedly of course – and placed her cotton weight on my left shoulder, balancing her and held her enough not to let her fall off. I would be screwed for life if that would ever to happen!

This boisterous girl is barely five and she would scream worse than any soprano alive, in fact she would put them all to shame if she's not the center of attention. I guess being the youngest child with two big brothers left her quite spoilt and pampered by both my parents. The demanding attitude for now is the least of my concern, I could still look pass that as her total adorable package but it is my utmost responsibility as one of his brothers to make sure that she won't ever grow up being a stuck-up, nasty-ass bimbo bitch.

"How do you like it now, Katie? Or do you wanna go higher?"

A random flight passed by way above us, piercing through the vast beautiful sky. The weather today is bearable as compared to usual so I decided to bring my baby sister for a ride, just the two of us. Shawn called that he might tag along later by the park.

"Yes please, like that plane please!"

She pointed one hand high up, following the trail of the plane and the heels of her little feet patted excitedly on my left chest as I struggled a bit to hold her in control, making sure that she's not moving too much. Thank God I still have her cute pink Hello Kitty helmet on, well more like she insisted not for me to take it off of her head which made her voluminous, wavy blond hair pressed and fluffed to her side and back. She giggled some more, thoroughly entertained by the passing plane which made me feel a lot better inside.

"I'm afraid I'm not tall enough for that, Katie."

"It's okay, Cooper. I'm fine sitting up here."

"You know you're really heavy right?"

"I'm so not!" She started protesting by thumping her heels harder on my left chest and squirming almost uncontrollably on my left shoulder while I tried my best to sedate her zealous dissatisfaction. She also gave my left ear a quick, hard tug with her petite hands and mumbled something along the line of 'serve you right.'

"Ouch, that hurts Katie. Don't tug my ear like that again, promise me?"

"I'll do as I want, I'm a princess remember?"

I shook my head and carried on walking through the pavement. She began to sit still after a while, the silence making us behaved all of a sudden but the park is far from empty especially on a Saturday afternoon. I'm bored and this kid really knows how to demand what she wants and you couldn't really say no for two main reasons. One, as I already stated before she would throw a little tantrum and secondly, she's the sweetest little thing and I mean, come on who could say no to that cute, pouting baby-face?

"This is nice, Cooper though I wish there's a rainbow right now. That would be so cool!"

She nodded her head a few times for affirmation of her own words which make me giggle inside. This girl could be the death of me if she chooses to remain this cute for the rest of her life. Well more like I wish she would stay this adorable and innocent... now I sound like Annie or my dad. Never mind.

"I think that would be awesome too but it hasn't rain today so no rainbows yet okay?"

"Okay, Cooper. Oh yeah I know I know I know!" She started to be excited again, shifting in her seat on top of my shoulder and I had to hold her a bit more firmly. "I want to be like Dora too."