Chapitre Neuf

Finally it's here, this chappie might be a bit long hope you guys will enjoy it

It's a bit more action and emotionally packed than usual.

PLS PLS PLS DONT FORGET TO VOTE, LEAVE A COMMENT, LIKE, SHARE etc

>>>>>>>>>> 

COOPER

“Aren’t you staying over for a bit more?  I’m making some chocolate chip brownies. You can still have them right?”

I simply nodded and returned a smile at the sweet elderly lady; she had this somewhat expectant and hopeful look written all over her nicely aging face. I really do not wish to be any ruder by declining her offer as softly as possible.  I should be really ashamed of myself with her constant ray of warmth and maybe it’s just part of her job being a grandma. I’m on the other hand, has been nothing but a deplorable guest since the moment I walked through the front door.

Shawn stood silent behind me as I carefully explained to him the need for us to rush a bit for Wyatt’s sake. I’m already ready to hit the road, the car keys jingling inside my hand and he was kind enough not to be asking too much about the party.  

“It’s still in the oven you know, within fifteen minutes more or so if you guys don’t mind waiting.” Ingrid inquired this time around, standing next to Edna with the same identical pink Strawberry Shortcake apron wrapped around their naturally cinched waists.

They could easily pass of as sisters if they want to.

 I wouldn’t want to waste my time here. I don’t even know how to engage in a proper social conversation on the dinner table – I wasn’t even able to stick around to eat the dinner with them, that’s an impressive achievement I might say so myself – and my dearest friend Shawn was doing a far better job than me. Ingrid is also warming up with him as I could see they shared a giggle once in a while after I walked out of the bathroom ten minutes ago.

“I really wish I could stay. The brownies sound awesome but I’ll have to give it a pass, sorry.”

“Is it because of Jerome?”

That surely took me by surprise, especially coming from his best friend. The guy in the question is cleaning up the dirty dishes rather too obediently in the big kitchen while I was about five meters away from the front door, ready to leave this house and may not be in the mood to return back for another dinner invitation.

“Nah, I’m just full. I need to come and pick my brother from a party. I don’t want him to get so wasted, he’s still a senior in high school, you know.”

“You don’t even have time for some brownies? Are you really really sure dear?”

Why is the grandmother insisting on me staying? Is there a hidden plotting which I may not know of going on between them, including Shawn? I glanced over my shoulder to look at him but he’s focusing his gaze on the floor.

I hate how people would entice me with delicious food but I couldn’t really blame them. It’s my greatest weakness but now is really not the best of times. Wyatt is such a pain in the ass sometimes but he’s still my stepbrother – though not so little anymore.

Why did I even bother allowing him to go to the party at Samuel’s cousin’s mansion?

“Well then since you seem to be in a rush, I couldn’t really hold you here anymore right?”