Chapter 6

I'm back!! Sorry that I've been gone so long :) 

Since, I'm back, I will try to get chapters up really fast

Comment, vote and fan :)

Thanks xx

****************************

CHAPTER 6

Ty's POV

The bright rays of sunlight had long ago disappeared leaving an inky blackness that suited the gnawing worry in my gut perfectly.

The room was dark, the traditional lamps casting a dim light in the room. I inclined my head slightly acknowledging mother's presence, the way she liked it.

Leon, Damien and Will followed suit keeping their eyes fixed on the ground.

She waved their greeting off impatiently. "What news of the meeting? I hope you have good news son, for your sake."

I cleared my throat. "Actually there is a problem. But I've thought of a way out of it."

She clasped her hands together on her lap, as she sat on the regal-looking armchair. Her eyes narrowed slightly.

I hurried on before she could say anything. "Dan wants me to join his pack, meaning he will be Alpha to our pack members as well." I paused to get my temper under control.

Before I could continue, she let out a relieved sigh and smiled.

Yeah, she actually smiled. She never smiles. And smiling despite what I just said, that was unheard of.

 I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. The other three guys looked equally perplexed.

"Well, you agreed, didn't you?"

"No, of course not-I mean I-why would I agree?"

"Dear God Ty, don't tell me you said no?" The threat in her voice was obvious.

"I haven't said anything, but why the hell would you want me to agree. You do know that joining his pack would submit all the shifters in our pack to his cruelty. Dan doesn't want peace, he wants revenge. I would be stupid to let that happen." 

She stood up, her face contorted into a look of total anger. It seemed like we were being put through this situation too often these days.

"And if you say no? Have you stopped to think what would happen then? At least if you join his pack, The Council would limit his actions. But saying no is cause for an open, unveiled war Ty! No one would be able to stop him. Once he kills you, the pack will be his anyways. He'll take over The Council using brute strength!"

I shoved my trembling hands in my pocket. "I know. Like I said I have a way out."

Mother pushed a strand of hair of her face and took a deep breath. "What way?"

I braced myself.

"I move. Leon gets Alpha and Dan has no excuse for war."

You know that feeling, like taking deep breath during moment of defening silence before the plunge? That's exactly what happened.

 Everyone froze, and I waited for someone to say something.

When they didn't, I decided to speak. "I know that you guys are shocked, and I should have talked it out, but honestly I don't see any other way out. I will not hand my pack over to Dan, nor will I throw them into a war, all because of a mistake I made. I thought-"

"YOU WILL WHAT?" mother practically shrieked. I didn't flinch, nor did I look at her. I heard the others take a few steps backwards. Everyone was aware of mother's temper, and rightfuly so.