Chapter 5 (picture of Erin)

So you're reading this now? Well, you're awesome and  thank you so much! :)

Sorry about this chapter being a little short, but I will make it up to you in the next one!

Don't forget to leave comments, vote and fan if you like this chapter.

Thanks again xx

****************************

CHAPTER 5

Erin's POV

Bleak.

Empty.

Helpless.

I never thought that same girl, the one who let people ruin her life, the one who failed to protect the brother that meant the world to her, would surface again.

Here I was feeling pathetic and sorry for myself, drinking a steaming mug of coffee. 

I suddenly felt sick, too nauseous to drink it.

I chocked back a sob. I wonder if Jay had eaten anything?

I wonder....if he was even alive?

No, I chastised myself for being a fool. I wouldn't think of that, I couldn't.

I had to do something. 

I leaped to my feet, but I quickly regretted it. Blood rushed to my head, and for a moment I felt like the walls were closing in on me, suffocating and trapping me.

White spots danced across my vision as I felt my knees buckling. I lay on the smooth, polished wooden floor with my eyes closed until I feel asleep.

**************************

I don't know how many hours past since he brought me back to his house. 

Once I woke up, I lay in that same room, staring at the ceiling for what seemed like a lifetime before I heard a gentle knock at the door. 

I heard it, but I was too depressed to even respond. The thing was, I was too upset to feel anything.

That was the weird part. Beaten and bruised, even after Nicko did all those terrible things to me, I felt nothing, only the constant worry about Jay's safety.

I pushed those horrible memories of the past three days away from my mind. I couldn't bring myself to think about it, fearing I would completely break down and lose whatever strength I had left in me.

In fact, I was so numb, that it didn't bother me, that I was in a stranger's house, one whose mother absolutely despised me, hell I didn't even know his name, or where exactly this place was.

I knew I was in no shape to go rescuing Jay, but until I did, I didn't think I would be able to recover properly. 

So caught up in my emotions, I didn't realize that he was talking to me. I turned my head towards him. Since the blinds were drawn, darkness shrouded the room. Despite the dim lighting, I could make out his sharp, alluring features.

My voice was thick and raspy. "What?"

"I was asking your name."

I looked away. "Erin." I said plainly.

"Right, I've called a doctor. She'll be here soon, to help you. Once you're fine, I'll take you to get whoever it was, back from Nicko, so you can get the hell away from that place and him."

Instead of focusing on his words, one that would never come true, I drowned in his voice. It was like velvet, slipping over me and almost lulling me into a hazy dream.