序幕

pro
logue

15 YEARS AGO

it was ecstatically loud for a first day in byeol kindergarten school. every kids couldn't send off their parents. they were either yelling, dragging, or literally just anything just to make their elders stay.

but then there was little donghyuck. he was sitting down on his seat silently, his back straightㅡwith both hands on his thighs. observing the chaotic situation quietly.

as he kept on staring with a blank face, he saw another kid that just arrived.

the boy was wearing the same uniform just like other kids, but he looked the shiniest. the boy had a big smile plastered on his face and donghyuck admired that.

but the smile plastered on his face didn't last long. it was until he tripped on a rock that he didn't realized was in front him.

immediately, the little boy started to cry too. he tried calling his mom a few times while rubbing his hands on his eyes gently.

donghyuck pouted, then slowly went off his seat. he skipped his steps towards the other boy and tapped his shoulder.

the boy looked up just to face donghyuck's face. both their eyes met and donghyuck smiled brightly, "here, take my hand."

without hesitant, the boy took donghyuck's hand and stood up with donghyuck.

donghyuck let out a hearty giggle, "don't worry! there are no dinosaurs here. kekeke." he joked and the other boy laughed.

"thank you.. w-what's your name?" the boy asked, dusting off his uniform. donghyuck then looked at him, "lee donghyuck. you?"

"it's lee... lee minhyung." upon hearing his words, donghyuck nodded.

still holding minhyung's hand, little donghyuck dragged little minhyung to the next seat next to him to seat together on their first day in kindergarten.