30.

The guild looked up as the doors opened. Natsu walked in, and at first they were happy. Their friends were back! But slowly, as people realized what Natsu was carrying, the cheers stopped. Natsu just stood there, at the front of the guild with Lucy in his arms. The first one to move was Makarov. He got off the bar at the back of the guild and walked. The crowds parted for him as he made his way to the front of the hall. When he reached them, Natsu knelt down. And Makarov saw Lucy's face for the first time. Makarov sighed, his heart heavy.

"So. Lucy's gone."

The guild was hushed, and heard every word. Slowly, people started to come forward. Alzack came forward with Bisca. Bisca took one look at Lucy and leaned in to her husband to cry. Asuka looked straight at the face of death as her own tears started to form. Alzack slowly pulled his family away. Reedus came up next. No tears came out, but his face was distorted in sadness. His mouth kept opening, but nothing would come out.

As each guild member that was there came up to look at Lucy, Natsu looked around. Gray, Juvia, Gael, and Nashi weren't there. Neither were Erza, Levy, Nayeli, and Gajeel. Natsu was glad for once that his closest friends weren't there. Makarov looked Natsu in the eye.

"She deserves to be buried well." Makarov turned and called out Mest and Jet from the crowd. Mest's face contorted in pain as he saw Lucy. The last time he was asked to gather people was for Lucy as well. "Go. Go get all the guild members who aren't present. Jet, you get the people in town. And Mest, you get those out on jobs. Lucy will be buried surrounded by her family."

Natsu felt a sudden weight on his back. He turned, and saw Gray. Gray was frozen at the guild's door, just behind Natsu. Juvia was nearby, but Gael and Nashi were nowhere to be seen. As Juvia saw who Natsu was carrying, she fell to the ground. Her hands went up to her mouth, and she began to cry. Her tears were small at first, but as they grew, so did the clouds above. Gray and Juvia stood out in the pouring rain, looking at their friend's cold face.

Natsu stood up, and turned around. He walked out of the guild, passing Gray and Juvia without words. He headed towards Cardia Cathedral as the guild followed him. Gray went to his wife, and gently pulled her up. Her knees were weak, and she leaned heavily on her husband. They knew why Natsu was going to Cardia Cathedral.

Slowly, with Jet and Mest, the entire guild was gathered at Cardia Cathedral. Everyone was there; even those on jobs. Gildarts watched with Cana and Takani. Erza, Jellal, and Subaru had just walked in the door. Levy, Gajeel, and Nayeli stood with Gray and Juvia — now with Nashi and Gael. Natsu stood alone, next to a silver casket. There were white roses placed upon it, and Natsu held one loosely in his hands. He could feel the thorns on the flower, but they could not cut his calloused hands.

Nashi looked around. Everyone was silent, and heads were bowed. No one was smiling. Nashi could almost see the weight on his father's shoulders. It was large, and Natsu bent under it. Nashi looked up to his uncle. Gray was holding his hand, but only loosely. So, Nashi slipped his hand from Gray's and walked over to his dad. His small hand went up, and held Natsu's fingers tightly. Natsu looked down to his son. His eyes were wide. He didn't understand what was going on. Nashi looked over to the casket and the flowers.

"Pretty flowers. Take for momma?" He asked.

Natsu shuddered, and bent down. He hugged his son tight, and held the back of his head. Nashi would never see his mother again. Nashi stood there in his father's embrace for a moment. But soon his tiny arms stretched out, and he put his head on his father's shoulder. Nashi could feel the shudders in his father. And he felt shudders of his own. Nashi looked around, and his mother was nowhere to be seen.

"Momma?" He asked.

Natsu's hug tightened. He couldn't look his son in the eye. "Momma's gone. Momma's not coming back."

Nashi's face fell as he realized. His momma was gone. His tiny hands gripped at his father's vest. He felt the tears welling in his eyes, but he tried not to cry. Poppa wanted Nashi to be a big boy until poppa and momma came back. Momma wasn't back yet. So Nashi sucked in his tears as he heard his father begin to cry. Natsu knew his son was there. The rest of the guild was there. They watched as he cried for the one person who wasn't there.

Lucy.

Heartfilia.

Dragneel.

His Wife.

The mother of his son.

Who was never to be home again.