Chapter XXIV; Over Coming Anger

X trailed after Sora, Donald, and Goofy as they entered the Beast's Castle. The entryway was just as dark as it had been. X had hoped someone would have been able to brighten the place up since their last visit. But there was no change, save the outfit the Beast was wearing. X could see how nervous he was and frowned glancing around. Was something going on? 

"Hey there!" Sora greeted as they approached the Beast.

"No Heartless and no Nobodies!" Donald announced as he looked around.

"I think they're close though," Goofy said, glancing around himself. Sora nodded in agreement.

"Better watch out!" he said. X sighed heavily looking down.

"Can you guys not read a mood?" he asked. Sora looked at X in confusion his head tilted to the side. X had to take that as a yes. It was clear the Beast didn't want their interference today. Trouble usually followed them after all. The Beast gave an exasperated sigh.

"What are you so mad about?" Donald asked.

"Why are you here?" the Beast asked.

"The Nobodies' world has to be out there somewhere. We're looking for a way in," Sora explained. The Beast looked at him for a moment, clearly frowning before looking away.

"Hmph," he said as he looked up the staircase. Belle had appeared wearing a very formal yellow dress, her hair in an updo that must have taken far too long. "Tonight is very important." Beast gave no further comment before he went to join Belle and lead her into the ballroom. 

"Uh, maybe we came at a bad time," Goofy said, finally catching on.

"Well, there's only one way to find out," Donald said before he ran up the stairs and into the ballroom.

"Donald!" Sora yelled after him. X sighed once again.

"And there he goes," he muttered.

The remaining three didn't have much choice but to follow Donald. They easily slipped into the ballroom which was brightly lit, with all the servants gathered in front of the Beast and Belle.

"Now then, Monsieur, Mademoiselle. Please, enjoy the evening. And of course, our honored guests are welcome, too," Lumiere said motioning as he spoke with his arms, which held lit candles. If that was how he always talked it was a miracle the castle hadn't caught on fire yet.

"Welcome indeed," a deep voice reverberated through the ballroom. X quickly drew his daggers looking up to the balcony over the ballroom. He glared up at the hooded figure, grip tightening on his weapons.

"Looks like we're not the only one's gate-crashing," X commented.

"The Organization!" Sora yelled, summoning his keyblade.

"You don't know when to quit," Xaldin said. Even with his hood up X could feel his gaze.

"Oh yeah! We'll show you!" Donald yelled, readying his wand.

"Get out!" the Beast yelled at Xaldin charging toward him.

"Not tonight!" Belle said, sounding angry for the first time. Xaldin simply snapped, summoning a rush of dragoon Nobodies. The Beast pushed past them easily, knocking them to the side.

"I've come to take something you hold very dear," Xaldin said calmly. The Beast roared in response, which only made Xaldin chuckle. "Yes. Let your anger grow." Xaldin vanished leaving behind a rather large group of dragoons.

"Beast! We have to get rid of these guys first!" Sora called to the Beast, who had stopped staring where Xaldin had disappeared. X had already started the fight, taking out the dragoons with a few well-aimed strikes.