Chapter XIX; Trust?

X frowned glancing around the broken bits of the ground. He hadn't spent enough time in this world to really know where they were. Especially considering everything was broken down now. Even the castle looming in front of them was no help to him. Y, however, was moving easily, seeming to have a clear idea of where they were going.

"What even is this place?" X asked, glancing around.

"Castle of Ansem the Wise," Y answered. She glanced over her shoulder at X, seeing his confused expression she chuckled. She looked back up at the castle, her lips pressing into a thin line. "He took in the Terra-Xehanort as an apprentice and that's how we ended up in this mess. If we can find anything about the Organization's plans, it will be here."

"Ok, and old bandage guy sent us here why?" X asked.

"Computer around here somewhere with data he wants me to pull off of it," Y answered. X nodded again.

"And I had to come why?" he asked.

"Moral support," Y responded without a pause. X chuckled a little as her head tilted to the side. "And protection if I get attacked," she added.

"Ok," he agreed.

Coming to the front of the castle they were met with a brunette wearing a pink dress. She seemed to be watching the town from her position. Her eyes turned to them, opening slightly as she saw them.

"Oh, X was it?" she greeted, smiling warmly. X nodded, trying to remember her. He knew she was one of Sora's friends, but he didn't think he had caught her name. Or maybe he had and just forgotten it. He hadn't really paid much attention to the others. But, he figured guessing was better than admitting he had forgotten.

"Yup, that's me. You're Aeris, right?" he asked. Aerith laughed softly and shook her head.

"Aerith," she corrected. X cringed slightly but nodded. "Who's your friend?" she asked, looking at Y.

"My sister, Y," X said motioning to Y. She waved, smiling happily. Aerith seemed to consider something for a moment, her eyes overlooking Y. It took X only a moment to realize she was looking for some indication Y was a Heartless like him. After a moment Aerith smiled.

"Well, it's nice to meet you," she said bowing slightly. She turned her attention back to X. "Where's Sora?" she asked.

"We split off awhile ago," X said looking away and rubbing his shoulder.

"Oh, well that's too bad. There's a few things here we thought he'd be interested in," Aerith said, keeping her soft smile. X could guess she knew something had happened. He was glad she wasn't asking.

"Like what?" Y asked stepping forward just slightly. X cast her a nervous glance. She was always so easily able to approach people. It was an ability X never had, and he wasn't sure he would ever want it. Talking to people was exhausting.

"Ansem's computer for one," Aerith said. Y's eyes brightened as she glanced over at X with a quick smile. That would save them time.

"You wouldn't mind terribly if I took a look at it, would you? I'm pretty good with computers, so I could check it for problems," Y asked looking at Aerith hopefully. Aerith seemed surprised blinking a few times.

"I'd have to check with Leon first. And probably the King as well," Aerith. X frowned and crossed his arms. There had been no king here the last time he had checked.

"The King? You mean Mickey?" he asked. Aerith nodded.

"Awesome, if he's here I'm guaranteed a look at that computer," Y said pumping her fist as she jumped happily. X chuckled at her excitement.