Chapter XXI; Chaos Ensues

They managed to get halfway to the Great Maw before they were stopped. Standing in their path was a member of Organization XIII. X had hoped with the Heartless appearing the Nobodies might have decided to hold back, but it didn't seem they were in luck.

"Hey, you guys are looking lively," Demyx greeted with a friendly smile. X had hardly dealt with this member of the Organization, but he knew Demyx was one of the more laid back members. Maybe that would be in their favor.

"Scram!" Donald yelled.

"Didn't we catch you messing around in the Underworld? How'd a wimp like you get into Organization XIII?" Sora asked, crossing his arms. Demyx cowered back from him, rubbing the back of his neck as he desperately for an escape. "I bet you can't even fight."

"Yeah, but we can!" Donald said. Demyx turned back to them, waving his finger in front of him.

"You shouldn't judge anyone by appearance," Demyx warned. The group readied themselves for a fight, drawing weapons and focusing their glares on him. He turned away from them, bringing his hand to his mouth as if chewing his nails.

"I told them they were sending the wrong guy," Demyx said to himself.

"Who is this kook?" Sora asked, looking around to his companions.

"Remember, the Organization's made up of Nobodies," Goofy said. Sora nodded looking back to Demyx.

"Right, no hearts," Sora said. He jumped a little putting his hand to his mouth as he glanced over at X. "No offense." X smirked and rolled his eyes.

"None taken," X said. Demyx turned around to face them again.

"Oh, we do too have hearts! Don't be mad," he said, putting his hand on his hip.

"You can't trick us!" Donald said, ruffling his feathers. Demyx turned away from them again, soon turning around pointing at Sora was his blue eyes narrowed in a glare.

"Silence, traitor," he said with a deathly calm voice. He raised his hand over his head, water forming above him into the shape of his sitar. The blue instrument appeared in his hand. He spun it in front of him, playing a set of chords. "Dance, water! Dance!"

X cursed as he dodged out of the way of a water clone of sorts. He tried to focus on getting rid of them, but it was hard. They seemed to jump and move far to easily. And he definitely didn't like the way they spun their water sitars. After they managed to get rid of all the clones they focused on Demyx. Demyx was surprisingly agile for the well known laziest of his organization. But soon enough they were able to deal the last blow.

Demyx stumbled back, dropping his sitar and looking at his hands as black smoke twisted off of him.

"No Way!" Demyx cried as the black and white smoke spiraled around him, slowly fading back into the nothing he had spawned from. X felt his stomach twist as he watched. That was how they all turned out in the end. Wasn't it?

"Anyone from the Organization who'd like to be next?" Sora called out triumphantly. X turned and looked at him in shock. Was he the only bothered by watching someone just die?

"Hey, Sora! Don't antagonize them!" Donald said.

"Yeah, we gotta go help our friends out first," Goofy said. Sora laughed nervously rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"Oh. Sorry," Sora said. X frowned looking away to where Demyx had faded.

"Then let's go!" Donald ordered.

The group began to make their way deeper into the battle but were stopped before they much farther.

"Aha! There you are!" The group all froze and turned to face Mickey. They stared wide-eyed at the mouse as he approached them, his expression hard to read. He let out a sigh and looked up at them with a smile. "You sure have lotsa friends to help. So, I guess we better all pull together and finish this battle for good!" Mickey said.