Chapter 1 - Why Does Everyone Hate Me

Halloween, every kid's favorite holiday, am I right? No... Everyone except for Tiger Wood. Kids go trick or treating, teenagers go to parties, yet he did neither. Even though he was born on Halloween, he wasn't happy on that day. Some people think he'll go crazy one day and just murder an entire country. Others think otherwise, and it was just plain crazy and impossible, but nothing was impossible in Tiger's strange and mysterious mind. It all began on Halloween.

Matthew held the crying baby in his arms, very gently shushing him as he doted on him. He smiled at his baby, feeling breathless when his greyish blue eyes opened.

"Just like your mom," he whispered, glancing at the sleeping woman in the hospital bed. He smiled, and looked back at his baby. He played with his very tiny hands. His whole hand covered one of Matthew's fingers. Matthew chuckled, causing the baby to giggle as well.

"Hey there, Tiger," he whispered, "it's me, it's daddy."

Tiger looked at him and smiled. Mr. Wood played with strands of Tiger's hair. He had a thick head of hair, unusual for a newborn, but still, it suited him.

He looked perfect, absolutely perfect. His nose was a tad small, but adorable.

Tiger yawned and snuggled into Matthew's arms.

"Don't worry baby.

Daddy's always here.

Daddy will always take care of you

Daddy will always love you no matter what

Just keep dreaming, just keep sleeping," he sang to his sleeping baby.

Soon, two years passed by, quickly. Tiger could walk, eat on his own, and even talk fluently. Matthew would always laugh when Tiger made a witty remark, comment, or come back. Matthew was always there for Tiger, despite his mother.

Adrienne seemed to be in her own little world. Not once had she even looked at Tiger and smiled.

It was always a strange look, or a glare, or an I''m watching you look. Matthew soon noticed it, but was reluctant to threaten her to stop. She pretended to favor Tiger whenever Matthew was around, but it was a whole other story when he was gone or was at work.

She would hit him.

She would hit her helpless two year old son, and throw him around like a nasty rag doll. She would slap, kick, pull him by the hair, or sometimes punch him. All of that happened because as the careless mother she was, she would drink and use drugs. His four year old sister, Trina, was treated better, way better. Trina was treated like royalty, while he was locked in a small closet for hours.

She even refused to feed him, bathe him, or even take him to the doctor. He was locked in the small time-out closet until his father could come rescue him.

"Mommy," two year old Tiger finally spoke out. Adrienne turned to him, but rolled her eyes.

"What do you want you little life wrecker," she spat viciously, refusing to turn towards him. Tiger looked down.

"Can I please have something to eat," he desperately implored. His mother glared at him.

"Maybe when you are a good little boy," she said to the child she starved for hours.

Tiger shamefully looked down, turned around, and began walking away. The thing was, Tiger had tired to be his best all throughout the day, but she wouldn't once look at him.