-49-

CHAPTER 49 | AWAKEN

Pyro's P.O.V.

The ground began to vibrate, loosening settled debris into the air. Rusted steel beams were shaken loose from their foundation as the vibrations grew more assertive. The weak walls of the building began to crack and crumble. 

Both howlers and hunters dodge the falling debris doing their best not to get killed by the falling objects while not trying to be killed by each other.

Tasha continues to help as many howlers escape.

I could feel myself starting to lose consciousness as my strength flowed out of me into my fiery wolves that sit as the building crumbled.

Once I knew Tyler was far enough by seeing through the eyes of my protector, I forced the rest of my energy into my wolves.

As the last bit of my energy flowed out of me, a cold sensation washed over me as my body became numb. I fell to my side as I watched Tasha help two more howlers before my vision began to blur.

Closing my eyes, too, tried to hold them open any more.

'It was nice knowing you,' I heard my wolf say before our connection was severed.

"Same," I whispered.

Even with my eyes close, I could still see the brightness from my wolves exploding one by one. The loud noise of the explosion drowned out most of the scream that I did hear, hoping one of them was Tasha's.

There was a second of warmth followed by intense pain. A second later, I couldn't feel or hear anything.

There was only silence and darkness as if I was in an empty void.

I wondered if this is the price paid when you take your own life or when you are a white wolf going against your destiny. Taking my own life seems like the only reasonable way to stop this chaos around me and get even with Tasha.

I felt like I was stuck in a void, only thinking about the past and what I could have done to change if I had more time. Then again, time wasn't on my side in the past few months.

Suddenly, the feeling of not being able to breathe washed over me. I felt like I was dying to breathe, which I don't think should be possible when you are dead. Every second that passes, the feeling worsens.

What is going on?

Like a winter breeze, a cold and wet sensation nips at me, getting colder as time passes.

I shouldn't be feeling anything. Is this the next stage of death for taking my life?

It felt like I was stabbed by thousands of needles, injecting me with cold as the need for air grew unbearable.

'OPEN YOUR EYES,' my wolf's voice shouted, 'YOU NEED TO BREATHE!'

My eyes flew open, staring up at a ceiling made of rocks.

A glance around my surroundings, I realized I was underwater, and a sheet of ice was blocking me from getting air on the surface.

At least I hope it was the surface and not some life after death situation.

Pushing against the ice, hoping that it breaks before my lungs explode.

'Let's do this together,' my wolf went on to say, 'together we are stronger.'

The connection between my wolf and I felt stronger. I felt like she was giving me strength. As I continued to push against the ice, a white flame began to dance across my hands, giving me some warmth. The white flame covers the ice.