13

"What were saying?" Brittany asked Zaria.

"Oh the bathroom?" Zaria said.

Brittany showed her the bathroom then went back to Simon. After talking with him about Zaria he left.

"Just don't tell Jay, she doesn't want to see him." Brittany said as she walked him to his car.

"Oh where did he go?" Zaria said getting out the bathroom.

"He went home." Brittany sat at the table.

"He was drinking I think..."

"He lives around the block." Brittany laughed. "I'll show you your room."

~

Zaria woke up with a headache. She sighed remembering what happened yesterday. It felt like the longest day ever to her. The smell of bacon got her up from the bed.

She walked into the kitchen to see Brittany cooking and Simon checking Brittany out as she cooked.

"Morning." Zaria said breaking the silence.

"Morning." Brittany turned around smiling. "Hungry?"

Zaria went to speak but Brittany cut her off.

"Eat. Even if your not hungry." Brittany said making a plate for her.

"You can't force someone to eat." Simon shook his head.

"Did anyone ask for you comment?" Brittany snapped a stern look at him. "Waking someone up early in the dang morning. A girl doesn't gotta work today."

Simon flashed an innocent smile at Brittany. She rolled her eyes setting a plate in front of him.

"Sit and eat." She looked at Zaria. "Yesterday took a huge toll on you. Eat then figure out your next move."

Zaria sighed sitting down.

"I don't have a plan B." Zaria took a bit of her food. "This is good."

She cleared her plate and washed her mouth out with orange juice. Zaria saw that Brittany and Simon were communicating through their looks.

"Excuse me." Zaria stood. "Um, I wanna go out get mind off of what happened..."

"I put my number in your phone last night while you were sleeping." Brittany smiled.

Zaria gave her weird look but shrugged it off.

"Creep." Simon laughed.

"Am not." Brittany slapped his arm. "I was gonna ask her for her number but she fell asleep right when her head hit that pillow."

"It's okay." Zaria smiled. "I'm gonna get dressed and be on my way."

"Wait." Brittany stood. "Just in case here's an extra house key."

"Thanks." Zaria smiled taking the key.

Zaria got dressed and went on her way making sure she had her phone and the house key. She walked around the town looking and buying a few souvenirs.

Zaria walked by a pet shelter. She stopped as she saw a sign that said 'Volunteers needed.' She walked in looking around.

"Hello? Is any here?" Zaria called out speaking Korean.

A guy with black hair, tattoos and piercings walked out.

"Yes?" His voice was deep giving Zaria chills.

"I saw the sign...so you still need volunteers?" Zaria asked.

"Yes." He smiled showing his perfectly white teeth. "Fill this out and you can start now."

Zaria filled out the sheet and handed it back to him. He looked over it and looked up at her.

"For a foreigner you surely an speak good Korean." He complimented her.

"Thanks you." Zaria smiled. "I studied Korean for four years."

"Why?" The guy asked.

Zaria gave him a blank look.

"Long story." She answered.

"I'm sorry." He sighed. "Follow me."

He lead back into the back.

"You can lock your stuff in here." He pointed at the locker. "I was just about to give the dogs a bath. Wanna help?"

"Sure." Zaria nodded.

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗

H.O.P.E
Hold On, Pain Ends