2

Zaria and Lucas met up with Luna. They went out to eat. Zaria kept thinking about Jay. Her thinking turned into worrying.

"Stop thinking so much." Lucas said as he was chewing his food.

"Huh?" Zaria looked up.

"Eat." Lucas pointed to her food.

"Oh yeah." Zaria dug into her food eating it like she hasn't ate in days.

She downed her drink.

"Are you two going home or staying at my house?" Zaria asked.

"I'm going home." Luna said. "I got stuff to do."

Zaria looked at Lucas.

"I can stay for a little while." He nodded.

"Yay." Zaria cheered.

Luna left first. Lucas and Zaria grabbed dessert before leaving. The night air was fresh. The city lights bright. A perfect day for a night drive.

"I'm driving." Lucas snatched the car keys from Zaria.

"Okay." Zaria smiled.

Lucas stared at Zaria. Her smile wide and beautiful. He felt his heart skip a beat. He sighed and got into the car.

"Let's go for a drive." Lucas started the car.

They drove through the city looking at the lights and watching people as they passed by them. Lucas looked at Zaria as she had the window rolled down, her hand out the window feeling the cool air go through her fingers.

"Ooo Lucas." She looked at him bright eyed. "Let's get friendship necklaces."

Lucas nodded.

They went to a jewelry shop looking around for friendship necklaces that would match them.

"How about this." Lucas pointed out a heart and key friendship necklace.

"Ooo I like it." Zaria smiled up at Lucas. "I want the heart."

Lucas nodded.

They purchased the necklaces. Zaria frowned struggling to put hers on. Lucas laughed.

"Here." He took the necklace from her.

He moved her hair to the side putting her necklace on.

Zaria hadn't noticed that she wasn't breathing until he was finished. She looked down at her necklace smiling.

"I'll never take this off." She spoke with a wide smile.

How could he not fall for her. Her smile. Her laugh. Her personality. The way she always looks at the positive side of things.

"Let's go, it's getting late." Lucas said checking the time.

As they walked out someone cat called Zaria. Lucas spun around looking the guy. He went to go over to the guy but Zaria stopped him.

"Don't bother." Zaria held him back. "It doesn't bother me."

"It bothers me." Lucas looked down at Zaria. "You shouldn't..."

"Let's just go." Zaria said pulling him along.

They got to her house and Lucas hugged her bye. He kissed her forehead wishing her a goodnight sleep before leaving. Zaria took her necklace off getting ready for the shower. She smiled at the necklace sadly.

The warm water hit her back as she rested her head on the wall. Tears rolled down her face.

"Why am I putting him through so much hurt." She cried.

She banged her head on the wall a few times before getting out. Zaria got dressed in her nigh clothes. She grabbed the necklace from her dresser. She held it in her hand looking at it.

"I'm sorry Lucas." She cried once again. "I'm so sorry that I don't feel the same way you do for me."

Zaria fell asleep holding the necklace. Her tears dried up leaving stains on her cheeks.

"Zaria." Lucas tapped her arm. "Wake up sleepy head."

He could tell she was crying. But why?

"Hey!" Luna walked in. "Wake yo fat ass up!"

Zaria turned over away rubbing her eyes. She sat up giving them a rude look.

"Whatt I don't have anything to do today so let me sleep." Zaria pouted.

Cute. Lucas thought.

"Still let's go do something." Luna said bouncing on Zaria's bed.

"Alright, alright." Zaria said getting up.

She noticed she had her necklace in her hand. She looked at Lucas remembering last night.

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗