Chapter 6; Madison Beer

Ryan POV

I know. I know.

She's right. I'm being a total jerk for absolutely no reason. She doesn't even know that I like her the way I do so why am I getting so upset with her?

I wanted to say sorry but for some reason I couldn't catch my breathe. As soon as I got to the school I went to the Nurse and got my inhaler.

The Nurse shook her head and said, "You know better than to let it get this bad."

I shrug and head to class.

"Hey," Madison says bumping into me. She's smiling all bright which gives me the impression that she's a little to perky for her own good.

"Hi, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Totally fine."

That's when she falls on me, passed out, yet not passed out. She still has that creepy smile on and her eyes are wide open. But she won't get off me.

"Okay then...."

I drag her down the hall to the Nurse. She gives me a weird look but I just shrug.

"I didn't do anything."

I sit her up on the bench. She's sweating alot. I go to the sink and wet a paper towel and put it on her forehead. The nurse puts a thermometer in her mouth.

"Is she okay? What's her temperature? Is she sick?" I start firing the nurse with questions. And it only freaks me out more that she starts turning red.

"120 degrees"

"What?"

"Her temperature. It's 120 degrees." She walks over to her desk. "Armatures."

"Well," I say panicking. "Do something!"

"I'm calling her guardian."

"She won't make it!"

"It's just a temperature Mister Blakey, don't be ridiculous."

"Temperatures are viscous!"

She just rolls her eyes and dials.

I sit next to Madison. "Maddy...."

"He hit me." She started laughing as tears rolled down her face.

Confused I say, "What? What are you talking about? Who hit you?"

"Nick."

The next few parts are all a blur. Basically all I remember is me running out of the nurses office, getting yelled at by the hall monitor for running, me kicking a door in, griping Nick up, yelling in his face, blah blah blah, drama drama drama.

I may have snuck in a punch. But then again it I hadn't I would have just gotten a warning instead of being in the principle's office. But he hit Madison, hell no he's not getting away with that.

So we are currently siting in the principle's office, waiting for him to get back from a meeting down town. Nick is hand cuffed to his chair and so am I. Not that that it was a bad idea. Someone was bound to punch someone in the face at the end of the day.

"I just want to know why."

"Didn't know what you were talking about in class, still don't know what your talking about now."

"Nick...."

"Dude, fuck off. I don't know what your talking about."

"Why did you hit Madison."

He looks over at me wide eyed. "What?"

"Madison, your girlfriend. Actually not anymore. I have a message for you from Maddy."