Chapter 3; Sorry

Grace POV

"Mom, I'm home." I say as I enter my house.

"I'm in the kitchen." she says softly.

I kick off my shoes and walk into the kitchen where she's currently making something that smells really good.

"Whatcha making Mom?" I ask looking into the oven. Smells like cupcakes.

"Cupcakes." she says as she looks over at me. She has dark circles under her eyes which tells me right away that she didn't get the right amount of sleep.... again. It's been like this alot lately. Mom's tired all the time but still manages the get daily house chores done and make delious treats.

I feel bad for my Mother so I say, "Why don't you go lay down upstairs. I'll finish.... well eveything."

She looked at me as if I just said that her sister is coming over. She doesn't like her sister. "Oh no, I couldn't possibly ask you to do so much Grace."

"No. I got this Mom, trust me. Just because I'm on my phone all the time doesn't mean I'm completely hopeless."

She walks over to me and kisses me on the forehead. "Of course not." she says but I can sense her sarcasm. She leaves the kitchen and I start cleaning whatever looks dirty.

After a while I get my phone and headphones and play some music from Pandora. My favorite song comes on first. "Fancy" By Iggy Azalea.

I get the bucket we use for mopping and start filling it with water as I start rapping like the pro I think I am.

"First things first I'm the realist

Drop this and let the whole world feel it

And I'm still in the Murda Business

I can hold you down like I'm giving lesions in Ph-"

And at that moment, I don't think I've ever screamed so loud or been scared so badly. Such a scare caused a chain of reaction to him. So, I wouldn't say that I meant to punch him in his mouth.....
But he definitely deserved it.

He laughs as if the punch didn't even phase him. I just stand there with my hands in my back pocket waiting for him to stop.

"God, please make him choke." I think.

He stops laughing and I stare at him intensely. "How did you get in here?"

He holds out a set of keys. Probably the spare one. I snatch it from him and put it in my pocket, hoping I'll remember to put them back. I look back up at him and just staring at him pisses me off.

I turn off the water that was overfilling the bucket, roll my eyes at him, and leave the kitchen.

I hear his foot steps behind me.

I don't really care though. He grabs my arm and I shake it off angrily.

"What the fuck!" I yell in his face. I don't know where my sudden anger came from, but it's here and it's not going down without an argument.....
That I win.

"Grace I-"

"No. You know what....
Fuck you! Get out of my house and just leave me the hell alone. You just ditched me for no reason! I didn't do shit to you. And you just stranded me!
I had to take the BUS!"

I hadn't even noticed the tears rolling down my face. I quickly wiped them away and looked at him. He looks guilty and ashamed.

I feel more tears coming down so I try to retreat but he grabs me and pulls me into a bear hug. This time though, I don't try to get away. I let him hug me. And that's when the flood gates open and I bawl my eyes out on his shoulder.

Why I'm crying you my ask, I honestly have no idea. I just cry like a small child in his arms while he pets my hair, making it more messy than smooth. But it's okay.

"I'm sorry I left you Grace." He whispers in my ear. I don't know why because no ones around to hear us.

"I'm sorry I punched you in your face."

And we both laugh softly as we continue to hug.

"You know I could never loose you Grace. You mean every..... your my best friend."

"Your my best friend to." I feel like I should say something more but I don't. Besides, I'm kind of lost in words with this hug and all.

Come to think of it, Ryan gives so really good hugs. And he's awesome. Which leads me to asking....

"Ryan, why don't you have a girlfriend?"

He freezes, obviously caught offguard by the question. "I don't know." He simply states.

I pull away to observe his face. He looks shy and innocent. "Do you have a crush on someone?" I ask.

He looks me right in the eyes and I look back. He's silent for a minute or two, as if wondering if he should tell me or not.

"Yes."

I perk up. I know my mascara has run down my face but I don't care.

"Really!? YASSS! Okay! Who is it?"

He looks at his feet. His hair falls on his face so I can't see his expression.

"I.... can't say."

I feel a little hurt for a second that he wouldn't tell me, but maybe he's just not comfortable.... yet anyway.

I pat him on his shoulder. "It's okay buddy, you don't have to tell me."

He looks up and smiles at me. "Thanks for being so understanding Grace."

"Hey, that's what best friends are for."

###########################

Hello Readers!
I'm SO SO SO SO SO SO
sorry that I've haven't updated.

I'm never on Wattpad and Ryan is always getting on my case about updating because he can't update until I do.

So..... yeah.

Anyway, me and Ryan are having a contest to see who can write better. You can vote on the message board thingy. And just so you know, I write all girl POV and Ryan writes the boy POV so you know who wrote what. :)

(PSSST! VOTE ME! Lol. Just kidding.... maybe.)

¥Cassidy¥

*************************************
yeah okay Cassidy
geez you take eight literature classes and suddenly your little miss "perfect"
well i'll have you know you were perfect BEFORE you took those classes.......
SO IN YOUR GORGEOUS LITTLE FACE!!!!!!! xD

worst comeback in the history of comebacks, I know. I just can't insult her.....
<3

€Ryan€