06

Mature Content Warning (18+)

I stumbled out of the room as soon as all the members exited, not giving my aunt the chance to interrogate me about my odd behaviour. I was going to be Queen. The reality hit me like a rocket and my thoughts were everywhere. What was to happen to my friends and personal time? Was I to have any true privacy anymore?

"Elena? Are you okay?" Chase demanded, grabbing my forearms. I nodded.

"Yeah, just take me home please," I pleaded, my injured hand pulsating in pain. I must have hit it while exiting the room. Chase did as he was told and took me home and parked in the lot. I made a move to open the doors but found them locked. "Unlock the door, Chase. I'm tired."

"No, you need to tell me what's wrong. I know something is up," he said caringly, a hand on my arm above my cast. Talking was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Chase, you're looking for something that isn't even there."

"Elena, I'm not fucking stupid. Is it Carsir? What did he say to you yesterday?" I glared at Chase for bringing the demon up. "I knew it was him!"

"It isn't- well it sort of is," I admitted. "He's coming to the coronation, Chase. And people saw us together, Lord Cleanthe and Acacius doubt my relationship with him-" Chase suddenly wrapped his arms around me to silence me. His hand held the back of my head, shushing me.

"Carsir is a bad person, the only thing he ever does is breaks hearts. I think staying away from him will be the best; for your heart and your place as Queen," he suggested. I nodded, pulling away from him. He was right, Carsir was nothing but trouble. I didn't understand why it was so hard for me to let go of him, but the previous night had made me feel a way that I hadn't felt in a very long time. Even Christian didn't give me those butterflies. I cleared my throat and opened the door, thankful that it was finally unlocked. I let Chase finish up as I headed upstairs to my apartment. I left the door unlocked so Chase could let himself in.

I grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator and got to my room to change into more comfortable clothes. I tossed off the dress and was about to pull shorts on when the door creaked open. I rolled my eyes, turning to ask Chase for privacy when I yelped.

Carsir stood at my doorway in all his glory, piercing blue-green eyes boring holes into me. In lightning speed, I threw on my shorts, my face red with anger and embarrassment.

"Get out of my house Carsir, before I call the fucking police," I warned, grabbing a big shirt and flung it on. When my head resurfaced, he still hadn't moved an inch. "Why are you here?"

"I wanted to apologize, Elena," he explained. I rolled my eyes, pushing past him to go to the kitchen. "I know someone saw us." I paused in my tracks and threw him a death glare over my shoulder.

"And you thought risking being seen here was a good idea?" I demanded, continuing to the refrigerator. I pulled out a tub of ice cream and a spoon before sitting on the counter. Also where I happened to sit last time I was with Carsir, but now my legs were tightly pressed together.

"It's easier to track phone calls, but I needed you to know that hurting you wasn't my intent-"

"I get it Carsir, I really do. But, now all the high families are on my ass and don't think I'm fit for the crown. So please, just go home," I said tiredly. I didn't want to look at his beautiful face anymore. Carsir climbed up beside me and ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm not going home," he decided, his soft fingers brushing by my knee. I pretended to not notice and scooped some more ice cream onto the spoon. As I raised the spoon to my mouth, my eyes met Carsir's, my lips around the metal. Almost seductively, I slowly slid it out, his eyes darkening with arousal. I knew the power I held over him, and I couldn't stop myself from abusing it. I noticed a little cream on my finger and when I lifted it to lick it clean, Carsir grabbed my wrist and brought it near him.