Chapter 20: Memories

OKAY! So wattpad can go screw itself. Like geez. the thing deleted this chapter but then it was here and now I'm like wtf but also like okay well it's here so yay! Not all lost! Stupid computer *glares angrily*.

Anyway this bad boy is 8 pages in word :3 yay enjoy!

20

Aziz watched as Memphos entered the room, the grand black door vanishing seamlessly behind him. The demon held his normal posture, an air of eloquent indifference surrounding him. He leaned his head to the side, red eyes observing Aziz, calculating and cold.

"Tell me now where the human is, and you may go free."

Aziz didn't respond. He just stared at nothing in particular. He knew Memphos well enough to know that ignoring his majesty himself would piss the demon off more than any words.

Memphos' eyes narrowed as he began to cross the room, moving towards the table and chair. A movement from his finger invisibly turned one of the plush seats, so that it faced the bound afrit.

Taking his time, the demon king turned to the small, black table and began to pour a cup of tea.

Placing it in his palm, steam immediately rose from the once-mellow water.

Memphos sat languidly down, across from Aziz, moving, in no hurry, to sip his tea.

Aziz could only internally sigh at Memphos' passive aggressive display of dominance. Maybe it would work on someone else, but Memphos was a fool to think that he could threaten Aziz in such a simplistic manner. All it was was irritating.

God, Memphos is such a prick.

The teacup returned to it's plate.

"Your silence will be taken as a no," Memphos stood up. "But, if at any time you wish to tell me where my property is, then you will be set free."

His property? It's only his property once the guy has been marked... He didn't fucking mark Joseph, did he? He already has one mark.

Memphos was now standing in front of Aziz, looking down at him. "Really, Aziz, I would not have thought you'd fall to this level." His fingers snaked up under the afrit's chin, moving it so that Aziz was straining to look at him. "You were never known to be such a bleeding heart... These humans, they are nothing but food. It is only our right, as the apex predators, to dominate and control them. I thought you believed that." His voice became harder, his grip tightening, threatening to break through the scabs on Aziz's chin. "But obviously I was wrong. You are pathetic in the way that you wallow with the human filth. You treat them as equals! Hah! Those children should have been dead long ago, afrit-"

"Don't you dare speak of them. You do not know them." Said Aziz, his temper flaring, attempting to wretch his chin free from the demon king's vice-like grip. He succeeded, but only to be thrown back on the bed and have his neck pinned down. Memphos straddled Aziz, leaning down to whisper in the now squirming afrit's ear.

"You will not speak to me like that. You are below me, afrit, remember that." Memphos sat up, putting his weight on Aziz's stomach, pushing the air out of his lungs. "Now stop moving!" The demon king grabbed Aziz's hair, pulling the short, dark locks back.

Aziz stopped squirming, panting from the exertion. His bound hands dug into his back, awkwardly pressed into the bed.

"Now that's bette-" Began the demon king. Aziz spat, interrupting and hitting Memphos straight in the face, making the demon let go, flinching back.

His eyes flamed red at the afrit.

"You need to be put in your place." Memphos hissed, his pupils turning to slits. He wiped the spit from his face.