Chapter 11: The Moonlight Motel

11

Joseph watched as Aziz methodically went through the room. First the demon locked both locks and the deadbolt on the door, then he moved to the lone window of the room, then finally he barred the door leading into the inner courtyard.

Uncertain of what he was suppose to do, Joseph merely sat there, on the bed, watching as Aziz moved throughout the room, checking the bathroom, under the bed, in the closet.

Finally deciding to speak, Joseph said. "What are you doing...?"

Aziz looked over at Joseph, in the middle of drawing the curtains shut. "Securing the room."

"Well.... What if I want to get some food?"

The afrit frowned. "You're not going anywhere."

Joseph frowned, pouting a bit.

The demon raised an eyebrow. "Are you seriously pouting?"

Joseph glared, bringing himself into an even more childish state.

Aziz rolled his eyes. "When they gave me your file, it said that you had like three Ph.Ds. Yet with all that knowledge, you still find it necessary to revert to childish actions?"

"Fuck off." Said Joseph, scrunching up his nose.

"Another offer?"

"Ew nasty, you asshole!"

"I'm not an asshole." Said Aziz, smirking.

"But you punched me earlier!"

"I'm a demon, remember?"

"It was uncalled for."

"You ran away."

"Because I didn't want to be around some stupid demon asshole! jsi zlý teď!"

Aziz sighed, rolling his eyes, then in a flash had Joseph pinned to the bed. "You, human, are trying my patience."

Joseph gulped under Aziz's now-red gaze, trying to wriggle out from under the demon's strong arms. But Aziz responded to Joseph's struggles by shoving his knee between Joseph's legs, making the linguist yelp in surprise.

"Get off! andare via!" Said Joseph.

Aziz smirked, his nails and teeth growing in length and sharpness. He grabbed onto Joseph's chin, successfully pinning the linguist down.

Shit. He couldn't fight a demon, 'specially not in the horribly weakened state he was currently in.

Joseph finally stopped fighting, instead going limp under the afrit.

Aziz just stared at Joseph for a moment, making the linguist blush and advert his eyes.

After about a minute of scrutiny, Aziz finally got off of Joseph, then went back to unpacking as though nothing had happened.

Joseph just lay, stunned, on the bed. Finally he found his voice. "What... was that...?"

Aziz glanced over at Joseph, his signature smirk on his face. "I was making sure you understood who is in control." He said simply.

Joseph swallowed a growing lump in his throat. "You don't control me..."

Aziz paused in the middle of unpacking, his back turned to the linguist. "And what makes you say that?" His voice sounded neutral.

Jesus, this demon was fucking bipolar. "Because it's a free country..." Even Joseph knew it was a lame excuse.

Aziz straightened up, turning to face Joseph. He cocked his head to the side. "Ah... So then who does control you?"