Chapter 5: The Man

5

Joseph watched as the man stared levelly at him. The man then, without warning, started to walk towards Joseph.

“Joseph…” Whispered Amy.

The man kept walking.

“Joseph.”

Joseph couldn’t move, the man was halfway to them.

“Joseph! Fucking move!” Amy grabbed Joseph, pushing him behind her and turning to run. The alien, though, was already right next to them. He pulled Amy away, sending her crashing into the wall. Joseph stared in shock, now on the floor, his mind refusing to process what just happened. But then the man turned towards Joseph, causing the adrenaline to kick in.

The man made a move for Joseph, but missed as Joseph began to frantically scoot backwards, away from the murderer in front of him.

The golden eyes never left Joseph’s face, though.

Shitshitshitshit. Joseph backed up, hitting a wall. Before he could move away, the man was in front of him.

The man reached down and grabbed the front of Joseph's dress shirt, hauling him up to his feet. Then, he shoved Joseph into the wall, making Joseph gasp as the air was pushed out of his lungs.

Joseph closed his eyes, willing this all to be a bad dream. Now he was going to die because some crazy alien had gotten lose and decided to go on a murder rampage. 

The man picked Joseph up off his feet, holding him against the wall with one hand still holding his shirt while the other rested on his hip. Joseph's eyes popped open as he gasped for breath and struggled against the insanely strong man in front of him.

"P-please... Please p-put me d-down." Joseph managed to gasp out. The man was cutting off his air supply and it was making Joseph dizzy. The alien brought his face closer to the linguist's, making Joseph near burst into tears. His eyes were closed as the taller man towered over him.

Suddenly, Joseph felt a pain in his neck, making him cry out. It was the man.

"H-holy shit you b-bit me!" Joseph tried to struggle but the man pushed him further into the wall, ignoring Joseph's pleas. He continued to patiently work on Joseph's neck.

Then, just like that, the pressure on his hips and neck that was holding him up left. Joseph crumpled to the ground, gasping for breath. Through the blurring tears in his eyes, Joseph could see the man looking at him.

It was that same, calm look, reflecting no hint of what had just happened.

Joseph, having caught his breath finally, scooted back further into the wall, not willing to make eye contact with the now smirking man.

"G-go the f-fuck away..." Joseph mumbled.

The man cocked his head to the side, then bent down in front of Joseph. He roughly grabbed Joseph's chin, turning his head up to an awkward angle so as to make him look into the man's golden eyes. 

His face was extremely close.

"Now why ever would I want to do that?" The man said, with a full blown grin. 

Joseph was too shocked to do anything but stare. Then, he felt a sharp pain in the back of his neck, making him cry out. 

Then, he felt nothing at all.

                                       *                  *                 *

Joseph woke up in his room. Amy was seated on the dresser. She looked over at Joseph, worried.