sixty nine

I heard the door open and Toby walks in. He's soaking wet and neither of us realized that it was raining outside, I guess we were too caught up in the drama to notice.

"Wow this looks like an intervention" Toby says to break the silence and Gigi starts to laugh extremely loud.

"Gigi calm down, it wasn't that funny" Harry said, trying to calm her down.

"He has no idea what's in store for him" Gigi says and immediately, Harry and Louis go over to her to stop her from ruining anything.

"We're gonna be waiting in the guest room" Louis says as he stands up.

"Just get us when you're done" Harry says and he stands up too, picking up Gigi from the couch. I start to watch them leave and stop.

"Zayn, you're coming too" Harry says.

I watch as Zayn stands up and leaves with the rest of them.

"I guess it's only you and me now" Toby says with a smile, it looks forced.

Maybe he already has this whole planned out where he says that he knows I cheated on him and that we should call things off and how it's not me it's him; you know, you're typical cliche break up. I'm just anticipating so much from this, mostly that this ends up being something mutual and we could at least be civil with each other and not act like we don't know each other and pretend the past month or so never happened. It happened. We can't unknow it, all we can really do is just forget about it.

"So maybe you're already thinking of what's about to happen..." Toby starts to say, but before he continues I cut him off. I have to get this off my chest.

"I cheated on you multiple times and I think we should break up because I don't know if I can keep hurting you like this without you knowing. And before you say anything else just know that I never really meant for any of this to happen and I wish I could take it back, but what happened happened and I can't change that. I really am sorry for betraying your trust, you deserve someone that would stay loyal to you." I finished off saying, catching my breath at the end. I've been holding that in for a long while now, ever since the first time.

"Oh... wow. I guess we are both here to talk about the same thing..." Toby said with a half smile.

"What?"

"I came here to tell you that I just spent the entire time I was 'at work' thinking to myself how I was supposed to tell you that I cheated on you too and we should end things before we dig ourselves and even deeper hole."

"Oh..."

There's nothing else to say. This seems mutual? The funny part is that we both cheated on each other and we both decided to admit it on the same day, maybe this is a sign. Now we're just sitting here looking at each other trying to find something to say, but end up laughing at the whole situation.

"Friends?" I ask.

"Of course" Toby responded, standing up to welcome me to a hug.

"Now go get the mans of your dream" He whispered, and that took me by surprise.

I let go and I look at him, "You knew?"

"Liam, the way you look at Zayn... you never looked at me like that. Everyone knew."

I smiled in embarrassment, I could feel my face burning hot red. I mumbled an 'Ok' and proceeded to shout to get everyone back in the living room.

"You know, you could have just come for us, like a civilized person" Louis says as he and the rest of the gang make their way to the living room.

"So... how are we all doing?" Harry asks.

"Well... me and Liam broke up and before any of you say anything, it was mutual. This has been something that was bound to happen. We clearly were not meant for each other" Toby responds, and the look on everyone's faces screamed shock, except for Zayn. It looked like he had a glimmer of excitement in his eyes.

I felt a warmth inside of me. Maybe I do feel excited about this; a second chance with Zayn. This is the stuff of dreams and I can't believe I'm living in one.