ninety eight

meanwhile...

"Shit Niall, if you can't keep your dick in your pants, I'm gonna have to fire you. I don't care what you do outside this club, but for the love of God, PLEASE don't have sex with the customers here"

"I understand..." I say. It feels like I've been in this situation for the tenth time now. And he's not wrong. He has caught me multiple times having sex with the customers here. But I mean, what the hell is a Private Room for then?

Tonight is boys night and all the sweet guys are in. Lately, this guy that I used to go to school with back home has been showing up. Tyler, I believe his name was. Was it? I don't know.

He always stares me down, gives the most generous tips out of everybody but he has not asked me for a private show. And honestly, I'm a little offended. If he likes me so much why doesn't he just ask for a private show? I could really use the extra cash for classes right now, college has been a bitch lately. And when my loan didn't go through this semester, I've had to work extra days, not just nights.

"Next up is your favorite blondie, cute as a button...Henry!"

I decided to give myself a stage name just for precaution.

I walk on stage and begin my show. I do the usual slow walk, spin around the pole, drop, remove an article of clothing and proceed to the crowd. Leaving behind a trail of my clothes, finally getting to my intended destination.

The familiar face just smiles and sits back as he takes a good look at me. I give a lap dance, making sure to rub in the right places and give a hint that we should definitely take this somewhere if he's going to stare at me like he wants to eat me.

I continue my walk around the floor, making sure all the men get the attention they deserve so they don't feel left out.

• • •

"Niall you have a special request" Dylan, one of the other boys, said as he went on to do his show.

"What room?"

"Four"

I head to the private showings section of the club and go through door number four. The ambient yet sensual music that plays here is completely different than to that outside, and the room is that velvet red that everyone seems to associate with sex.

"So we're finally alone"

There was that voice, sounded so familiar but I really couldn't point out whose it was. It's just so fucking familiar.

"I've seen you undressing me with your eyes, I was wondering when you were going to ask me personally"

He chuckles.

"Well, it's sometimes just so hard to get your attention. You're one of the most requested boys here. A star in the making..."

I walk closer to the booth which reveals the shadowy figure. Pink hair, with eyes that look like ice. A face with well defined features and facial hair that seems to just fit him perfectly. Yet, somehow his amazingly structured physique doesn't stop me from popping the question.

"I'm sorry to like, ruin the mood or whatever, but... do I know you from somewhere?" I ask and the guy immediately laughs. Shit, I am supposed to know him. But who?!

"It's only been 2 months since we last saw each other for the first time, I didn't think you would recognize me" He says, he changes his position so now his legs are up on the table.

"It's Toby"

My eyes widened. Seriously, how could I be so fucking blind? The boy that made me do a double take at the airport. Of course I remember the essence of him, the memory of Toby, but he just looks so different. His aura just exudes a different energy than before. Almost as if... he's running away.

"OMG! That's why you look so familiar! I'm sorry that I forgot about you"

"It's fine, that day you looked like you were more interested in the taco you were eating"

"I swear that I wasn't. Shit, I must have totally ruined the fantasy for you right now." I say and sit down next to him.

He takes off his jacket and wraps it around me, "It's so fucking cold in here, how can you be half naked and not have hypothermia?"

"The trick is, to never stop moving"

Toby laughs.

Is this the ending that was mean for me? To have this boy find his way back to me and both move on together? Is this what I've been searching for?

"So what brings you to New York?"

Toby sighs and takes a sip of the liquor in the glass. I mean, he does pass for someone older or he probably just worked his charm or probably bribed the bartender, he could be pretty easy to tip off if you just press the right buttons.

"Ya see..." He takes a pause and looks at me, but deep with yearning, "There was this boy who told me a story of reinvention..."