twenty two

It is the first day of February. The real cold month has begun and the temperature seems to be dropping faster than usual. Right now it feels like if you would touch snow, it would cut you and if you breathe in the cold, it would also cut you.

Why did Harry and I have to be born during winter months? Why couldn't we be summer babies and have birthday parties at the beach or something. Gosh that would be so much fun.

"So guys what are we gonna do tonight?" Harry asks, setting down his tray at the lunch table.

"I have babysit" Niall responded first.

"Dog sitting for the neighbors" Liam said.

"I do whatever Liam is doing" I respond.

"You guys are some great friends you know that right?" Harry said sarcastically, the tone of his voice filled with obvious annoyance.

"Sorry Harold, but life comes at you unexpectedly. Maybe we can do something for your birthday tomorrow" Niall said, patting Harry on the back, attempting to comfort him.

You can tell how hurt Harry is from this. He was never too good at hiding his feelings, and whenever he would try, you could tell. He's sensitive and sweet, the perfect disaster. Harry just wants to feel loved and wanted by people, ever since his parents died in a car crash when he was little, he's always felt like no one will ever love him again. In comes Louis, who changed his perspective on that entirely. But where is Louis now to make sure our cheeky, sweet, curly haired friend is sane? We haven't the slightest clue. Plus, this is all part of our master plan to surprise Harry tonight once he gets home.

The kid involves himself in so many after school activities, at this point he might be in every group club photo in the yearbook. Today he has yearbook and then poetry club, so he won't get home until six, seven tops if he decides to be a little extra helpful around the clubs today.

"Yeah yeah whatever" Harry said and began to play with his food.

"Aw come on Harry don't be like that, we'll celebrate your birthday tomorrow" Liam said.

"But what will be the point? It won't be my birthday anymore, it won't have that special effect it always have, that little magical feeling you have surrounding you like an aura on the day you were born. I really hoped to spend some quality time with you guys tonight..." Harry said, and the tone of his voice has switched to sadness, sounding distant. He's bothered by this and it honestly pains me to see him like this, but it's all part of the plan.

"Don't Harry, we'll make sure to keep that mystical birthday magic alive for two days" I responded, with a smile on my face. I could see Harry holding back a smirk as I said that.

"Okay. But don't build my hopes up" Harry instructed.

"Understood sir" Niall said.

Oh he's in for a wild ride.