Chapter Twenty Eight-Phone Call

"Louis.." I mutter, seeing him out of the corner of my eye.

"Shit." He mutters, his eyes wide with fear. "Shit."

"Louis, calm down." I say, turning to him, seeing that he's now shaking.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?!" He shouts. "Our best friends are out there, and may be in danger and you want me to calm down?!"

"You freaking out won't fucking help them, will it?" I retort, crossing my arms over my chest.

He opens his mouth, and snaps it back shut, pouting.

"Exactly." I state, smirking. "Now look, we have a few hours. They should be back by then, right? It looks like shit out there, so they may be on their way back already."

"Alright." He says, nodding his head furiously, and I have to hold back a laugh.

How can he be so cute, even in such harsh times? I shake the thought from my head.

Get back to the matter at hand. I look up to see Louis had left the room. How did I not notice?

I walk into the kitchen, where he is standing against the counter, scowling at the mug of tea in his hands.

I walk past him, grabbing my own. Great. Awkward silence.

I sit down at the table blowing on my tea to cool it down.

I know I should be thinking about my friends, worrying about them, but currently, I can't seem to think of anything but Louis.

The way he's standing, slightly hunched over. His hands, which are trembling slightly. And his eyes, which he can't keep focused.

And all I want to do is walk over and just wrap him in a right embrace. Kiss him and tell him everything will be alright.

But I can't..

"Harry?" Louis asks softly, looking up at me with those sad blue eyes.

"Yeah?" I ask, unable to tear my gaze from his.

"W-what if something happens to them?"

"Nothing's going to happen to them. Not with Liam there." I say, and he nods his head slightly, realising that Liam isn't stupid enough to let anything happen to them.

The next few hours seem to just drag on and on, although my headache has faded.

The wind is so loud, I feel like the house is going to blow away, and Louis is pacing, wondering where the boys are.

The phone rings, making us both jump, then he runs to grab it from the wall spot between the kitchen and living room.

"Hello?" He gasps. "Liam?"

"Liam?" I run over.

"Yeah... We will... And you guys?... Okay, good.. Yes. I PROMISE... No, I-hello?" He pauses, and I notice the lights in the house flickering. "Liam? Hello?"

"What happened?" I ask.

"Line went dead. But they're all safe."

I clear my throat impatiently, asking what he means.

"There was a man who lives by the beach, who had seen them there, and when he heard about the storm warning, he went out and got them. They're staying at his house until the warning, or storm, passes." He says, walking past me, avoiding my gaze.

"Oh." Is all I can say.

I follow him into the living room, feeling a bit angry. He's hiding something from me, and I just want to know what it is.

Fuck. I stand up and head for the stairs.

"Harry? Where are you going?" Louis asks.

"Just to lay down for a bit." I shrug indifferently, trying to make sure he doesn't notice my angry demeanour.

Suddenly, all the lights go off, and I end up stumbling on the stairs.

"Oh. Ow." I say, from my place seated on the ground.

"Harry? Are you alright?" I hear Louis ask at the same time that I hear the rain start to fall.

"Yeah, just fell." I say, groaning as I try to stand.

"Here." Louis says, and I feel his arms round me as he helps me up.

Unconsciously, I jerk away from his touch, not wanting to try and hold back on the feeling it was giving me.

"Sorry, I was just trying to help." He says, and in the dim lighting that my eyes have now adjusted to, I see him backing away with his hands up in the air.

"Yeah, thanks, whatever." I mutter, unable to look at him anymore.

"Okay, why don't you like me anymore?" Louis asks, his voice cracking.

"That is not the problem." I state, glaring at him.

"Really? Then what is the problem?" He asks, raising his voice.

"Doesn't matter." I grumble, turning away from him.

"Yes. It does." He says, and I feel his hand grab my wrist. I quickly pull away.

"Why the fuck does it matter?!" I shout, turning to him.

"I-I.." He shakes his head, obviously not wanting to tell me.

"That's what I thought." I state, crossing my arms over my chest, fighting back the tears prickling at my eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asks, looking up at me.

"You guys have all been hiding something from me the moment I woke up in that hospital bed! I've heard you guys whispering, talking about me remembering, I've noticed how Niall and Liam act more reserved when you're around. I know I may be the youngest in this band, and not remember most of my experience through it, but I'm not a fucking idiot!" I say, my voice rising as I talk until I'm full on shouting.

"I'm sorry." Is all Louis says. He's sorry.

Louis' POV

"I'm sorry." I mutter.

I can't handle this. He's yelling at me, and my Haz is gone. I can't call him that anymore, because he's gone. And I'm not his Boobear anymore...

"Why does it even matter to you anyway?" I ask, wondering why it matters. I can't tell him I love him, that he's my boyfriend.

"I.. I just..." He stammers, the anger wiped off his face. What's he hiding?

"So, now you've got your own secrets too?" I snap. "I guess that makes us even."

I turn around and start to storm out of the room, pissed that he won't tell me anything. I know that I'm being unfair, but I can't-

My short amount of thoughts are cut off by the most pained, blood curtling scream in the world, and I turn to see Harry clutching his head, before his body falls lifeless to the ground.