Chapter Twenty Two-What Did They Say

GUYS!!!! STOP SAYING 'This is soOooOooo outta date lol' BECAUSE IF YOU READ THE BLURB AND ALSO THE AUTHOR NOTES, YOU'LL KNOW THAT I AM DOING AN UP TO DATE VERSION AS WELL

IF ANYONE ELSE SAYS SHIT LIKE THIS I WILL HAVE TO SWEAR.

.... THAT LAST FUCKING SWEAR WORD DOESN'T FUCKING COUNT.

ANY FUCKING WAYYYYY...

This was dedicated to ThoseDirectionerBoys , have a good day :) x

Louis' POV

I can't believe it.

I still don't know if it's all even real.

I know my Haz, and I don't think this boy is him. He... Doesn't love me anymore.

I know this from a few days ago, when he drank, then didn't remember kissing me, proving that his actions were all caused by the drink, and not by Harry.

I miss him, so much.

I miss the way he called me Boo or his Boobear. When my mum called me that, it was annoying, but when Harry did... It made my heart melt.

It's been too long since I heard the words escape from his lips. Far too long.

I've been crying for most of the past three days, and avoiding Harry. He's tried talking to me a few times, but I can't.

Not when he doesn't love me anymore. And he's always in his boxers...

I just can't leave my room. I don't really eat that much, either.

Liam has been trying to make me tell him what Management told me, what has been stressing me out so much. Why, as each day passes, my stress level sky rockets.

But I can't tell him. I just... I can't manage to tell him. Maybe it's because I'm jealous of him.

He and Niall have each other now. I know why he didn't tell me, and I keep kicking myself for walking in on them.

At least if they weren't out yet, I wouldn't have to worry about watching two of my best friends be so adorable together.

No, I'd only have to worry about the fact that my boyfriend of almost a year has no recollection of me whatsoever, while he's been remembering the rest of the boys.

And that only leads to a worse thought... What if he never truly loved me? What if his memory never comes back and this is how I have to spend the rest of my life?

Watching as the man I love never remembers me, and maybe falls in love with someone else, someone more worthy of him. And what if they get married? And have kids... Then I'll just be "Uncle Louis" and I don't think I could handle that. And what about going back on tour? I don't know if I could handle that, either. Or living together! What if he brings someone home one night, or-

"Louis?" There's a light knock on the door, snapping me out of my self-pity thoughts.

"Huh?" I look to the door.

"Hey, Lou, just wondering if we could talk?" Zayn asks, opening the door.

"What about?" I ask as he comes in, shutting my door behind him. He crosses the room and sits on my bed next to me, looking concerned.

"What's been up with you lately?" He asks, his chocolate eyes meeting mine.

"I don't know what you mean." I say, taking a deep breath.

"Louis, you don't eat and you never leave your room anymore. What did management say?"

"Nothing!" I snap, but tears are already filling my eyes.

I can't think about it. Thinking about that meeting makes my thoughts towards Harry feel even worse.

"Louis, you need to let it out." Zayn says calmly, unaffected by my tears or shouting.

"I can't I.. What if Harry hears?" I ask.

"He's watching a movie with Liam and Niall, and he just passed out like five minutes ago. You've got at least a good hour." He smiles faintly.

"Zayn, I.." I shake my head.

"Please, Lou?" He asks, and I nod, thinking back to that horrible day...

***

I watch as the other four boys walk out of the room hesitantly, Harry looking back, confused.

I turned to the head of management. I hate him already, and he hasn't even started. Maybe my hatred started a few months back when they found out about Harry and I, maybe it increased when he just referred to Harry's amnesia as a "minor problem".

Or maybe it's just because he's management.

"So, Mr. Tomlinson. How is your relationship with Mr. Styles, currently? Does he remember any of it?"

"Well.. He.. No." I mutter, looking down at my hands in my lap, shutting my eyes to fight off tears. "He doesn't."

I can tell he's smirking.

I hear the chair move, and I look up to see the man walking over to lean on the front of his desk, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well, Mr. Tomlinson, this may have worked out better than we could have imagined it. You and Mr. Styles had been dating for nearly a year?" He asks.

"We still are." I state firmly.

"Is that so? So if I asked him, he would say yes?" He pauses, and when I don't answer, he chuckles coldly to himself. "So I have a little solution to solve our problems."

"What?" I look up as he smirks at the panic in my eyes. "I don't have any problems with Harry and I. That would be you."

"Details, details." He raises a hand, silencing me. "Either way, I know how this can all be solved."

"How so? Harry will remember me, and there's nothing you can do to stop it." I say, coldly.

"Oh, but there is. We have an interview lined up in four weeks." He says, smirking as I gasp at the date he picked. "You have until that interview, that we'd had lined up for you two to.. Ugh, come out. If he hasn't remembered by then..."

"Then what?!" I snap, standing up, so I'm no longer bellow him. "You can't make us break up! We can do whatever the hell we want!" I can feel tears running hot down my face now.

"You signed a contract, Mr. Tomlinson, which you must now abide by. He has four weeks to the date, and if he hasn't remembered your relationship enough for you two to come out on that show, then you two never will." He says as I fall down into my chair, defeated. "Wasn't it you who said he would remember everything?" He asks, motioning for one of the other men to go get the other boys.

"He will." I say, the other boys entering a moment later.

***

"... And then you guys came back in and, well, you know what happened there."

"Oh, fuck, Louis, why didn't you tell us?" Zayn asks, wrapping his arms around me.

"I didn't want to worry you guys." I say, tears running freely down my cheeks again. "And then the other night.."

"Louis?" Zayn asks, meeting my eyes.

"Well, you know how Harry is like when he's drunk?" I ask, and Zayn nods. "Well, he, um... Hekissedmeinthekitchenandwasreallydrunkandthenextmorninghedidntremembersothatmeanshedoesntlovemeanymore."

"What?" Zayn asks.

"I said... He kissed me in the kitchen and was really drunk and the next morning he didn't remember so that means he doesn't love me anymore." I sigh, watching as Zayn's eyes widen.

"What does Liam know?"

"Um.. I told him that I was just upset, and it would take too long, but now..." I shake my head.

"Lou..." Is all he manages.

"Yeah, so.. I'm pretty sure that ended things." I say, brushing away a few more tears.