Chapter 4

Hai there :3 Um. Please vote? That will really help so I could get a bit of hope on this story. x

*

The blinding flashes. The constant clicking of cameras. People yelling like maniacs in the crowd for information. It was all too much for Louis to handle. He was getting claustrophobic by just staring at the paparazzi. He cringed at everyone’s voice, demanding for answers that he had no idea how to answer.

It was way too much to handle.

He was shaking as the space him and Harry had became smaller and smaller, the people coming closer and closer, almost leaving no air to breath.

Harry took one look at Louis and saw his weak state, the growing fear in his blue eyes, and visible shaking. The curly-haired boy has never seen Louis like this so he was taken aback when the young teen peered up at him, a helpless pleading look in his eyes.

“Harry! Tell us about this marriage!”

“Mister Tomlinson, look this way!”

Harry had enough and roughly grabbed Louis’ hand, dragging him away from the commotion and to a space where there was no one.

Up front, the paparazzi looked around wildly for the missing boys. It was strange to the how they suddenly disappeared.

It was dark by now, clouds covering up the navy-blue sky and Harry was walking to their vehicle so they could go away.

He didn’t like the way Louis was acting…so fragile and sensitive. The boy’s face was pale and the strained looked was still on his delicate face. He was fidgeting a lot as they walked.

“Come ‘ere.” Harry said and grabbed for Louis, wrapping his arms around Louis’ small body.

The boy whimpered as he pushed his face onto Harry’s chest, his enemy’s chest. It didn’t hit him yet that he was hugging his arch enemy until a few seconds later. He tried to back away, struggling to untangle himself from Harry but the warmth was too welcoming and Harry kept tightening his steel-like grip. So instead, he stayed put and took in the feeling.

Harry was caught off guard at how easily Louis gave into him. But he shrugged it off and stayed in the position until the pulled apart, awkwardly.

They climbed inside the auto and drove home in silence.

There is nothing to be talked about, Harry thought as he frowned, turning the steering wheel.

*

Harry parked outside of Louis’ mansion, head down so he could avoid looking into Louis’ eyes.

“Uh..Harr-” Louis started.

“No. I was trying to..com-comfort you. You looked troubled out there.” Harry murmured, green eyes still gazing at his lap and his hands in fists on the steering wheel.

Louis didn’t know why, but his heart sank little bit. Just a little.

“Okay, I guess. Thank you for doing whatever you did.” Lou managed a small smile and he climbed outside of he black car.

As the door closed shut, Harry looked up and let his stare linger a bit on Louis as he walked to his door.

Hide it, Harry thought.

Just hide it.

*

Sunday was… interesting, you could say. The air that Louis and Harry shared was tense and it was killing their mood. Both wouldn’t speak about what happened yesterday and neither would want to. Louis was acting like a moody school girl and Harry like his mysterious self.

It was okay.

Louis still didn’t understand why Harry, out of everyone in the universe, would comfort him if he hated him? It was frustrating to understand! Louis was bugging to ask but then Harry would drop the subject by stating he was just “helping out”.

Helping out my ass, Louis thought and he had the urge to roll his eyes at the such foolish excuse.

They were at a cafe, like their fathers wanted them to, and were supposedly having “a nice date drinking coffee while smiling lovingly at each other”.

Ha. That wasn’t at all what they were doing.

Harry was pondering deeply as he looked at his cold cup of coffee. He could hear the light whispers around him and Louis. He knew that they were talking about “the curly cute rich boy” and his “newly blue-eyed boyfriend”. It was annoying how they all had to say something about their “relationship”.

All Harry wanted to do at this point was to shoot them.

Louis was bitter to Harry, even if he did hug him, it didn’t change anything between them. Or maybe it did because the soft stirring that occurred in Louis’ stomach told otherwise.

The silence was deafening but in a way that both were okay with.

DING!

The bell from the cafe entrance rung signaling that a new customer came in.

Liam stepped in, his brown trainers squeaking as he did and fixing his light brown peacock coat. He wanted his latte before running off to his new job in a flower shop. As he walked by he noticed his best friend at the corner of the mini shop.

“Louis!” Liam beamed at the handsome boy and made his way toward the tiny table.

Louis glanced up and grinned at Liam. He hadn’t seen his mate since yesterday when Harry made Liam leave with brutal look. Louis quickly swiped his fringe to the side and smiled at Liam again.

“Hiya Liam.” Louis greeted, the blank expression from before leaving his face and now replaced with a radiant one.

As Liam moved to Louis, he noticed the green-eyed boy. The same boy who gave him looks that made Liam bloody scared to death. Stares that looked right through his body. Stares that made him question if he ever did anything wrong.

And here he was, feeling that all over again as Harry stared daggers at Liam. The curly-haired boy’s hands turned into fists under the table and he gritted his teeth, trying to tame himself.

Louis was clueless to all this and just started to ramble to Liam about some new game he saw in the commercials.

Liam was barely listening to Louis but instead focused all his attention on the other boy.

“-and it was all-“

“Louis, I really have to go to work.” Liam said, his eyes on Harry. He couldn’t stand being in this state. It felt as if Harry just wanted to kill him and that really scared him shitless. Not to mention the fact that Harry has a gang that could take Liam down without a single difficultly in the world. His two buddies, Niall and Zayn, already beaten up Louis before, the same day he became friends with Louis, and when he was taking care of his wounds, he saw the vicious bruises the boy had.

“Oh-Okay.” Louis’ smile faltered as Liam anxiously fled from the cafe, wondering if Harry was planning to corner him one of these days.

“You did it again. Huh.” Louis said, his eyes never moving from the spot that Liam had stood in.

Harry relaxed a bit and answered with a shake of his head.

Louis let out a humorless laugh.

“You sure know how to get people on the run. A run away from you, right.”

Harry said nothing, holding his gaze on Louis.

If only you knew that I do for a reason, Harry thought, shifting his stare to his lap instead.

“Unbelievable..” Louis whispered to himself, now watching Harry with curiosity.

*

Please comment/vote/fan? The feedback will be lovely and supportive to me..x