Chapter 14: Time doesn't heal shit...

Recap:

Talia went to a party with Crystal,Corey,Cole,Aidan, and Brandon. She nearly kissed Cole, and had a grat dance with Aidan, resulting in him showing her three shooting stars in the early hours of the morning. The next day she went shopping with Crystal and met a hot red-head. On returning she sees her mum out of hospital as cold as ever blaming her for her dads death. Her mum slaps her resulting in a flashback from the past and her running out of the house as its all too much for her. She ends up in a back and she meets Aidan there who is also running from his sorrows:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Time doesnt heal shit.

Time flew by, but I didn’t know how long had past. All I really know is that the numbness of my body slowly started to subside until I finally felt the blistering cold as it touched my frozen skin.

Aidan’s arm was still on me.

Instead of it radiating heat, it too seemed to be trying to steal some from me.. but there was none to take. I was cold, inside and out.

My phone beeped, which caused me to jump up. It took my eyes a while to refocus as I had been staring at a single spot on the ground for God knows how long. Looking up at the night sky it was even darker than it had been when I first got here. At least I think it looked darker than what my blurry eyes had seen.

“Are you back with me now?” Turning to the sound of Aidan’s voice, I took him in. He looked like he’d also been crying. I could see the light dried tears stains on his cheeks.

“I need time..”  Was all I could croak out. I didn’t want to talk, talking was for people who knew what they were talking about. And I didn’t really know what to say right now.

He turned away from me then, staring up and the starry night sky.

“They say time heals...” he looked back at me “ Well I say fuck that, time just makes you realise all your mistakes even more.” I stared at him even more. What could I say to this beautiful boy. This beautiful broken boy.. broken.. just as broken as me. He closed his eyes and I could see that tears wanted to fall again. He sucked in a deep breath, opened them and looked back at me, eyes glistening.

“Time doesn’t heal shit.”

All I could do was nod. Nod and agree with him.

Time doesn’t heal shit.

My phone buzzed again, and this time I decided to pull it out of my jumper dress pocket. My body ached, and the movement made me realise just how cramped I was feeling. Clicking the button to take my phone off standby I nearly dropped my phone when I saw the screen.

50 missed calls.

50 missed calls!

Quickly clicking the screen I saw that, Crystal, Corey, Brandon, and even Cole had been trying to contact me.

Surprise Surprise, my mum didn’t even bother to send a simple text. Deciding to check the time I looked to the top of my screen to see it was now 2 in the morning. 2 in the fucking morning, and I’d gotten in from shopping around 6.

No wonder I was bloody freezing.

“Aidan.. I think it’s time we go..” Standing up was abit of a struggle, my legs nearly gave way, but after I got up properly and stretched a bit, I felt a lot better. Looking back down at Aidan, I stretched out my small hand towards him. He looked at it for a few moments, before grabbing it and pulling himself up. Instead of letting go then he pulled me into him, and I took the opportunity to gain the hug that I needed. The hug I wanted. The hug that was supposed to make things better.