Ten: One Direction

Ten

Livvy's POV

An unusual, bright light enters and seeps through my vision, behind my closed eyes. I stir from my slumber, my eyes flickering open as I take in my surroundings. It's the sun, shining in from a window on the far wall. I'm in an unfamiliar apartment- no, it's familiar- I remember it as One Direction's. One Direction? Wait, what?

The memories from before flood back to me and I calm down a little, as I remember that I'm safe where I am. Suddenly, my heart kicks up a notch as I realize it's a week day and I have a lecture. I jolt up from my position on the couch, still groggy, and brush a few pizza crumbs off my legs. How could I let myself sleep on the couch and not go home?'

I check my phone for the time, after taking a sip of my drink. It's just past 2AM and we should more than probably be heading home now- we all had work and university again tomorrow, which we couldn't miss. A loud crack of lightening shot throughout the sky outside, as thunder rumbled shortly after it. "Guys," I say, knowing I should be the reasonable one. "We should probably go home."

We're all still seated comfortably on the couches in the living room of the boys', food and drinks in each of our hands as we talk and laugh. I guess we'd lost track of time a bit. Serena looked up at me for a second, before pulling her own phone from her pocket, presumably to see the time herself. "We should," she bites her lip.

"You guys shouldn't drive in that storm," Liam says, also being reasonable. "Or at this time of night. It's late and dangerous, and you're all too tired."

"We've got work and uni tomorrow," Jaz pipes up, from her position under Harry's arm on the couch.

"Yeah," Ally says frowning. "Most of us start pretty early."

"When was the last time you had a sick day?" Louis offers.

I look to Jaz, who looks at me and shrugs. "A few months ago."

"Yeah, like, six months ago when I caught that bug," Alex says, frowning.

"Last month," Ally says. "Remember the flu?"

All of us shudder on cue as we remember the terrible flu that Ally had caught. She insisted on going to work for the first few days she had it, but it just got worse and worse until she was vomiting like crazy. We locked her in the bathroom for a day because none of us wanted to get sick, occasionally going in to give her some water and plain food that we thought she could keep down.

"I guess I could have a day off," Jaz shrugs.

"Only one of us can," Ally says, regarding her and Alex. "Someone needs to be at the desk."

"When do you guys start work?"

"Our shift is at midday tomorrow," Ally says, shrugging. I guess if we stayed, woke up earlier and went home to get dressed we could make it."

"You mean today," Alex laughs. "Yeah, works for me."

"Good," Liam says. "We don't want any accidents."

"Jaz?" Harry says, looking at her.

"I could use a day off..." Jaz sighs. "Yeah, okay, that sounds good."

"My only important lecture is at 1PM so that's fine," I say nodding.

Serena shrugs. "Yeah, I don't have a shift. And I have no important lectures."

"Great!" Louis says, grinning.

"Looks like we're staying the night," I smile.