Four: Popcorn and Lectures

Four

 Four

A shrill scream run out throughout the movie theatres. "Shit! You spilt coke on my lap!" As I looked down the row, I saw Alex jumping to her feet and dusting off her lap. "And it's cold..." she whined.

"Sorry..." Ally whispered, biting her lip. "It was an accident."

Alex sighs and gives Ally a small smile. "It's all good. I can't be mad at ol' Ally for very long."  A few people turn around and hush us, though the ads are still rolling in the theatre. It's pretty dark, but the screen lights up most of the theatre and little lights on the side of each chair help us to see. "I'm just going to go clean up at the bathrooms," Alex says, climbing to her feet. This earns more 'shh's' echoing throughout the crowd and a couple of people even threw popcorn at her. In response, Alex stuck her middle finger up at them all.

Niall, who was sitting beside her laughed and climbed to his feet as well. "I'll come with you."

"Thanks," Alex says, grinning as they walk out. "But you're not allowed in the ladies toilets!"

Beside me, Harry laughs and stuffs a piece of popcorn into his mouth. The ten of us together take up the whole back row. Alex sits on the very end on the right side, closest to the aisle, and beside her is Niall, then Zayn and of course beside him is Ally. Next to Ally is Livvy, then Liam. Beside him is Serena, then Louis, then me, and of course finally, Harry.

Briefly, I see Niall throw a thumbs up to Zayn as he walks after Alex, a big grin on his face. "Oh god..." I mutter, but I can't help but smile.

Louis leans over towards me and whispers, "I hope he doesn't rape her."

I stifle a laugh, quickly shoving my hand over my mouth before I erupt. Harry pats my back and murmurs, grinning, "Calm down."

A big, bulk guy with scary snake tattoos up his arm, sitting in front of us, turns back and scowls. "Keep it down," he says, his voice low.

Serena leans over and whispers loudly to him, "You keep it down!" I elbow her, shaking my head vigorously. Livvy throws a piece of popcorn at him, and when he looks at her, she looks away innocently as if she hasn't done anything. I mentally face-palm. The scary guy turns back around, rolling his eyes.

Louis looks at Serena, smiling proudly. "You told him!"

For a moment, I almost forget that we're actually at the movies with One Direction. The only thing that keeps me remembering is when the occasionally fan walks by, screaming and asking for an autograph. They're all covered up in beanies, hoodies and sun glasses, but a good fan can always tell the difference between a random dude in a hoodie and a one direction member. I'm not bothered by the fans, because I know deep down that a couple of hours ago, that's exactly what I would've done had I seen One Direction out in public.

Alex and Niall walk back in, Niall whispering something in her ear as they walk, and her grinning crazily. I watch them take their seats, Liam and Zayn sharing looks with Niall, grins on their faces. I see Liam drape his arm around Livvy, who is shivering a little from the air conditioner that's blasting on us all. Goosebumps race up my arms a little too, and I burrow myself further into my seat. 

Suddenly, Louis leans forward. "Alex?" Alex looks up curiously. "Are there any carrots in this movie?"

Alex looks up, stroking an imaginary beard. "No, sorry."

Louis slaps his hands on his knees angrily and stands up. "Why are we hear then? I'm leaving!"

Growls go out throughout the cinema as people turn back to give us dirty looks. "Louis, sit down," I say, pulling on his arm as I try to hold back laughter. "You're going to get us kicked out of the theatre."