Eight: Truth or Dare?

Eight

As soon as the flash went off, I immediately knew that it was a great photo. Promotion, here I come I think with a smile. “Thanks guys,” I say. “Let me just email this to my boss, and I’ll make you some breakfast.”

“Can you do pancakes?” Niall says. “With potato?”

“Potato... on pancakes?” I cock my head to the side, staring at the odd boy.

He laughs and shakes his head. “Of course not. Just on the side.”

I give a small, nervous smile and nod my head. “Sure... is that what everyone wants?”

“Uh- just Niall... we’ll have the normal pancakes with syrup...” Louis says with a shrug. “Niall is... special.”

“I see,” I say, stifling a laugh. “Do you guys have a laptop I could use?”

They all suddenly laugh, throwing their heads back and clutching their stomachs as people would in movies. I raise an eyebrow at them curiously, and quickly stick my hair up in a messy pony tail. “Of course we have a laptop,” Louis says, shaking his head at me.

“Each,” Harry pipes in. “We have a laptop each.”

“Okay,” I smile a little. “So can I use one?”

“Mine has food stuck in between the keys...” Niall says, biting his lip.

“Mine is flat,” Louis says.

“And mine, it runs really slowly because I’ve got lots of-uh- documents on it,” Zayn says, nodding.

“Liam?” I ask. “Harry?”

“You can use mine,” Harry says as he exits the room, presumably to get his laptop. The boys disperse, Liam and Zayn heading to the couch, Louis and Niall heading to the kitchen. “We’ll get all the ingredients out for you!” Niall shouts.

“Okay, just don’t eat them!”

There’s a pause. “No guarantees!

I laugh, just as Harry walks back out with his laptop under his arm. It’s an Apple Macbook, and I give a sigh of happiness. “You lucky bastard,” I mutter.

“Yeah,” he grins. “I know.” Harry sets the Macbook on the table and opens it for me. It’s already on, and he gets me onto the home screen, which I’m thankful for- I probably wouldn’t be able to have done it on my own.

“Thanks,” I say, smiling, and sit on the chair in front of the Macbook. Harry leaves me to it, joining Liam and Zayn on the couch. I fumble around with some things for a while, before I finally manage to get the web browser up and log onto my work email account. The inbox had one new email, from Alex. I clicked it open, surprised to see that she’d sent it only five minutes ago.

Jaz!

Niall texted me and I know that you’ll probably email the photo to your boss- I’m so smart. Can you also email her saying that you’re not going to come back in today now that you’ve got the photo? Niall said their interview at 3:30PM was cancelled and he wants us to hang with him!

Mine and Ally’s shift ends in an hour so we’ll head over then. Livvy’s lecture is over so she’s on her way, and Serena should be heading over soon too.

SO STAY PUT!

See ya soon ;)

I grin, shaking my head. But I left my laptop back on my desk? I guess I could pop in on my way home and get it. Or I’ll email Skie and ask her to grab it for me. Yeah, I’ll do that. My fingers brush over the keys quickly, due to my many years of practicing typing, and I first email Ms Ellen. I attach the photo, and explain that I got five minutes with them, and say that I won’t be returning this afternoon. My shift ends at twelve, anyway, so technically I’m free to go. Then I email Skie, asking her to shove my laptop in my case and take it with her just before she left for me.