12 :.; Checking In

{Tyler's POV}

I woke up in my bed. My heavy-duty black, light-absorbing curtains were opened slightly and it just so happened that the sun was pointed directly at my eyes like a death laser. "Shhhhhhhssss." I hissed. I honestly felt like a vampire. The sun felt like it was a million skin. "Uh I feel like my skin in boiling off!" I croaked. I rolled on my side, trying to escape the sun, but I was instead greeted with a shooting pain in my side. Crap, I forgot. I thought. I lifted up my plain black t-shirt to reveal shallow cuts and scrapes lining my side, they wound around me before stopping just before my left side. I pulled down my t-shirt and sighed, I had to tend to all of my wounds.
I sat up in bed, and with shaky legs I proceeded to stand up, my knees buckled underneath me and I steadied myself by holding onto my nightstand. When I found my strength, I walked into my bathroom and found the alcohol, bandages, and pain reliever.
I took two Tylenols and swallowed them with the tap water, then I applied the alcohol and bandages.

I went into the living room, I needed help. I am finally fed up of how my life has been going. I looked in my fridge for something to eat, but there was nothing but a box of baking soda and that wasn't edible. I rummaged through my cabinets and found only one thing to eat—A bran bar. I ate it, the substance was flaky and Unsatisfying, I slipped on my Vans and walked to Josh's house. When he answered the door, he looked like he had a handover. "Josh? Can you drive me somewhere. Please?"
He looked at me, his face tired, "Yeah, just lemme get something to eat." He said. Josh opened his fridge and pulled out some pizza.
"Pizza?" He offered. I nodded and took a piece. It had been years since I had eaten pizza, and let me tell you.. cold pizza still tastes as good as ever. Nothing can go wrong with that. "Joshy? Can I use your laptop real quick?" I asked gesturing towards the laptop on the counter. He looked up mid-chew, he looked like a squirrel with a mouthful of nuts, "Sure, just don't do anything your mama wouldn't approve of." I gave him a pointed look, "I would never." I said to him. He smiled, "I know. I'm just playing."

I sat on the bar stool and opened Josh's laptop. I hit the Google Search Bar and Googled: Mental Health Treatment Centers in Columbus Ohio

It loaded and the first result was a place called Palm Springs Treatment Center. Palm Springs? This was Ohio. But the Center had four and a half star reviews. I got a napkin and quickly wrote down the address. Josh suddenly appeared looking not so hung over and more put together. "Ready to go?" He asked. "Uh, yeah." I replied, trying to sound casual. We got into the car and Josh pulled out, "Where too now?" He asked. I told him the address and he nodded while turning up the radio. It took ten minutes for us to drive there, I registered shock on Josh's face as he pulled into the Treatment Center. "I'm getting help, once and for all." He smiled at me, "I'm proud of you Ty." He hugged me and I said goodbye. I walked into the Treatment Center and it look clean, white and sterile. The lady at the desk smiled at me, "Hi, how can I help you?"

"I'm Tyler Joseph and I want to check myself in. I need help."

She handed me a clipboard, "Fill in your information, and return it to me."

I sat down on a squeaky red chair and filled out my information.

When it got down to where I had to fill in the bubbles about why I was here I had to sigh. This was going to be a long journey.

I filled in the bubbles, Anorexia, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Schizophrenia, and Self Harm.

I paused, where is the 'under the influence of a demon' tab? I chuckled to myself at the joke.

I got up and gave the clipboard to the lady. She smiled and directed me to the hallway, "Go down the hallway, turn a right and the door should say Doctor Rainier. Have a good journey to recovery."

I nodded, "Thank you."

I wandered down the hallway and took a right, and just as she said there was a sign that said, 'Doctor Rainier' I knocked and I heard a voice say "Come in." I opened the door, there was a tan man with salt and pepper hair sitting at the desk, "Have a seat Tyler and get situated." He said.

~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry for the boring chapters, but it will get interesting.

Please consider to vote, they mean a lot.

|C|