(Bonus) Q & A time!

Alright, here it is, as promised. If you didn't get a chance to ask a question for this Q&A, or if you come up with a question later on, no worries! I usually answer questions in the comments section if it's not too much of a spoiler, so you're always welcome to ask.

Q (@Paxx-Chan): How did Karma and Nagisa get together?

A: They were still friends after middle school, even though they went to different high-schools. Karma went to Kunugigaoka high school, and after two years getting tons of backlash and generally getting put through the wringer for the incident with class 3-E, both Kunugigaoka middle school and the high school were shut down and all the students had to transfer out. Karma was just starting his third year, so he decided to transfer to Nagisa's school since he already had a crush on his friend, and had for a long time.

After weeks of arguing with himself, and deciding to do it, and chickening out and stressing every detail (though he claims it was easy for him), Karma finally asked Nagisa out. Nagisa got very flustered and thought he was joking at first, playing with his emotions, or it was just Karma being Karma, so he said no. (That was also the year where guys asked him out just about every week because his class had a bet going on who could get the most underclassmen to ask him out thinking he was a girl.)

Karma's very observant, though, and he could tell by the way Nagisa reacted that the feeling was mutual, so he tried again and again, and finally, a few weeks before graduation, Nagisa relented. That's how they first started officially dating. (Though Karma would later argue that their first date was a long time before that, from the first time they went for dessert together, to the time Koro-sensei took them to the cinema in Hawaii.) 

Then after they started college they both told their parents about the relationship and that was an unmitigated disaster, so they moved out of their parents' houses and got an apartment together.

Q (@Nagisaisaguy): Why does Fumei respect Ritsu so much?

A: This one's pretty simple: Fumei prefers machines to people. Ritsu has never done any wrong to her, never judged her, or insulted her. Fumei doesn't like people in general, but Ritsu's not a person. Ritsu's kinder, smarter, more capable, and more accepting than (most) people are, which makes her deserving of respect in Fumei's mind.

Q (@kindestlegacy): How did they keep every ability without training?

A: They do train. Some more than others. Kayano does all her own stunts in her movies, and that requires a lot of training. Murumatsu goes to the shooting range on his free time. Chiba and Hayami use their skills in their job, so they can't slouch on training either. Karma and Nagisa spar together and challenge each other regularly. Some students just go to a gym, some train on their own, some do so very rarely, some have improved since middle school, some of their skills have gotten rusty, it depends on the person.

Q (@IamDaQu33n): Are you hangry? (di$ i$ b3rRy imP0rT@Nt)

A: Not generally no. In fact I can't recall that I've ever been 'hangry', but thanks for asking.

Q (@SnakeMoonlilyxD): Who confessed, Nagisa or Karma, and how did he confess?

A: There's not really a big exciting story there because neither ever really confessed in the traditional sense. There was no "meet me on the roof after school" or "I—I'm in love with you senpai!" Karma spent weeks psyching himself up for it, and then he casually asked Nagisa out.

KARMA: Hey Nagisa, you wanna go out for dinner sometime?

NAGISA: Sure, it's been a while since we hung out outside of school.

KARMA: No, I meant like a date. I'm asking you to go on a date with me.

NAGISA: *blushing profusely and refusing to meet Karma's eyes* Ha! That's funny Karma.

KARMA: I'm not kidding.

NAGISA: *not believing him* well in that case I have to decline.

(Both look away from each other disappointedly, pining their asses off.)

Karma was the first to say 'I love you' right before they told Nagisa's parents about their relationship, as reassurance. Then Nagisa's mother relapsed.

Q (@NikkiTheOtaku): Have you got an update schedule for this story? (#Great question 😉)

A: I'm sure I've said this before, but just to reiterate: my update schedule for this story is every Friday (Pacific standard time) at an undetermined hour (ie: when I remember what day of the week it is.)

However, this story is currently on hiatus and will be returning no later than June first.

Q (@the-smart-idiot): Where did you get the idea for this story?

A: Well it all started a long time ago... *queue dramatic flashback music*

I had just discovered this new show called Assassination Classroom. It almost immediately became my favorite anime, easily outshining all the others. Then, not even two weeks later, it was over. I ended up rewatching the show three times before I decided that as perfectly as it had wrapped up, leaving no loose ends and no unconcluded plot lines, enough was not enough. I wanted more. A taste of Nagisa being a teacher was not enough, so I searched far and wide for fanfics, but I quickly ran out, unable to find very many to begin with.

I appeased myself reading other fics. Karmagisa meet-cutes, Assassin!Nagisa fics, crossovers, Whatever™. That's when I stumbled across a little gem called The Serpent Inside (by --Starling-- and Owlfeather45). It's sooooo good! And reading something like that got me hyped to write a fic of my own, but what about? I wonder...

Basically what it boils down to is that I wanted a continuation of the series itself, and there weren't very many fics like that, so when I read something that re-ignited my love for storytelling, I decided to write one.

Qs (Al_mi-la): What was your inspiration for this book?

A1: Primarily, I was inspired by the epilogue of the actual show where Nagisa is shown as the teacher-in-training of an intimidating class of characters. I wanted to know where the story went from there, but it was over, so I wrote more. (I also got some inspiration from Starling and Owlfeather's KarmaGisa fic The Serpent Inside, as I've already mentioned.)

2: Did Nagisa want to be a teacher at this school, or did he have to?

A2: He wanted to be a teacher, but in order to become one, he had to complete a year as a teacher-in-training, so he was assigned to class 3-5. He wanted to teach, but he didn't get to choose where he would be teaching.

3: Why is their ACTUAL teacher nowhere to be seen? Just, what's he been doing ALL the time?

A3: Easy answer: he doesn't give a crap.

Mr Kenmura (3-5's actual teacher) is the least capable teacher and he teaches the most difficult class, so he just gave up. He got sick of the pranks and having to give out 'F's all the time, so he stopped showing up. He still gets paid, so it's not like it's his problem. He does whatever, and tries his best to avoid administration so he doesn't get in trouble. (Although @Whathefuckwtf gave me the idea of bringing him in as some kind of antagonist, and there's a lot of potential there, so y'all may see that later on perhaps, maybe, possibly, probably, potentially...)

[I'm not entirely sure why some of the tags worked and some didn't???? But whatevs, you know who you are. Thank you for your wonderful questions! Love y'all!

<3 Raaor!]