(1.9) Rescue time!

"Alright people!" Nagisa called for his students attention. "The exam results should be back tomorrow. After that, we're back at it hard and fast, but for today, we can basically just relax."

"Hey Nagisa-sensei?" Kurra decided to ask some questions. "How old are you?"

"Twenty-one, why?" Nagisa responded, not thinking much of it until his students' obvious surprise.

"No shit, really?" Ippantekina asked in disbelief. "You're, like, a kid!"

"You're joking?" Misono said, slack jawed.

"I mean, you look like a middle-schooler," Marihara said sarcastically, "but I didn't think you actually were one."

"That's mean, guys." Nagisa pouted, "I'm older than any of you."

"That's still really young for a teacher, though," Kurra pointed out. "Did you skip a few grades?"

"No," Nagisa told them. "If you'll remember, I'm just a teacher-in-training. It's just that your actual teacher has even worse attendance than Kiya-san." This received some laughs. "Hey, I was kinda wondering, who gives Kiya-san the homework every night? Because it's always on my desk when I come into work, so she's gotta be getting it somehow." No one responded, Nagisa just shrugged and sighed. "Whatever, as long as she keeps up, I guess it's fine."

"Nagisa-sensei, I have another question." Kurra said, and Nagisa gave him his attention. "Do you have a girlfriend?" Nagisa blushed.

"A-actually..." heat rose into his cheeks, and his voice was sheepish. "There i-is someone I've b-been dating for quite a while." This admission was met with even more surprise than when they learned his age. He could barely keep track of who was saying what.

"How did you manage to get a girlfriend?" That was Shirota.

"What's she like?" That was Katsura.

"How long is 'quite a while?'" That one was Kurra.

"Is she pretty?" Mirikitani was quieter than the others.

"Is it really serious, or more of a casual fling?" Kurra again.

Nagisa's phone rang, saving him from the barrage of questions. "Oh, I should probably get that, could you quiet down while I take this call." The class reluctantly quieted, whispering to each other about what they though Nagisa-sensei's girlfriend must be like.

"I bet she's taller than him," Sujimura said.

"Maybe it's Mase Haruna," Fukara offered excitedly.

"I still can't believe that dweeb has a girlfriend," Hinata commented.

"I can't believe you seriously just said 'dweeb,'"  Marihara scoffed.

Kirasaya, was smirking knowingly, and holding back laughter, but refused to tell them anything; she had promised after all. Nagisa answered the phone.

"Hello?" His eyes darkened when he heard the voice on the other end of the line.

"We want you to reconsider our offer." It was the same caller that had interrupted his math lesson before.

"My answer is still no." He said in a threatening tone. "I don't understand why you think I'm going to change my mind. And I told you not to call during school hours. In fact, just don't call at all."

"Oh, I think you might change your mind when you find out we have your precious lover." Nagisa's breath hitched.

"Karma?" He was upset for a split second, before that turned into rage. "What do you mean you have Karma‽" He was almost yelling into his phone.