Chapter 22.

Spencer's POV

I haven't slept. I haven't talked. I haven't eaten or drank. All I've done is stare at the woods as we take a back road down to some part on the coast. I've only given nods, small smiles and shaking of the head. As much as they try to get me to talk, it just doesn't work.

I knew something was up when the boys took over ten minutes to get back and when I heard two men talking, I felt like I had to see what was going on and I did. I saw the two guys that came into my room and forced some pill into my mouth.

I panicked and the only thing I thought of when I saw the gun to Harry's head was that, Harry gave me a gun for a reason.

So, I shot them.

I aimed toward their legs, but the impact made my shot go up into their stomachs. I watch the life leave their eyes, and I've never been more disappointed and depressed in my life. I took two lives away.

But I saved Harry, that's all that matters, right?

No, because I'm still going to have those guys floating through my mind, and that little voice in the back of my mind reminding me every day that I took away two lives.

It's haunting me. Those two were extremely bad men, but they may have had a family, or someone near and dear to them, and I took them away.

The empty pit in my stomach keeps grumbling, yet I keep denying the food Tyler has been offering me.

"Spencer, you have to eat." Tyler prompts, but I continue denying.

"Spenc, come on." He pokes my shoulder, and I keep shaking my head no, watching the trees go by. I'm in the back of the Range Rover, looking out the window, while Tyler and Nick are back here with me and a pile of bags in our laps.

"No." I say and his face lights up.

"She speaks!" He yells out, causing all the other guys to look back and smile.

I roll my eyes, looking back out the window before taking the jello out of Tyler's hand along with a spoon and downing it. I feel like I'm going to be sick, but the food taste so good on my dry, hungry tongue. As much as I don't feel like eating, I want to eat. Food, is life.

"Hey Spencer!" I hear Harry call out and I turn to look at him, nodding for him to go on. "I love you." He smiles a dimpled smile, causing a toothy grin to take over my face.

Harry has been doing the little things like calling out that he loves me, or simply talking to me about nonsense. It gets words out of me, not many, but enough.

"Aww, that's so cute!" Nick squeals, and we all look at him, while his eyes widen. He coughs, "I mean, ugh, love." He tries playing it off but fails miserably as we look at him, confused.

"Nick give it up and tell them already." Tyler whispers, fairly loudly, and shoves Nick's shoulder as I glance from Tyler to Nick, with Nick sending me an innocent smile.

"Fine." Nick groans.

The car grows silent, as we wait for Nick to speak. Louis keeps looking into the review mirror, waiting for Nick to speak also while everyone else looks at him hesitantly, and Tyler smirks.

"I hate you Tyler." Nick states and brushes us all off. "I'll tell you guys later." He promises, and we all groan, our bodies relaxing.

"Way to get us hype." Liam huffs.

I turn back to the window, watching the trees past by again when suddenly an arm is thrown around me and I'm squished between the back of the car and the person beside me. I turn to find a smirking Harry staring down at me.