Chapter 1.

"Get your ass down here!" Someone yells at me from downstairs.

"Okay!" I scream back, getting frustrated.

No one can rush perfection.

I check my auburn, straight hair one last time along with my makeup before grabbing my bag and running downstairs. I glared at my best friend when I see her tapping her foot impatiently.

"It's too early." I groan, walking towards the door

"Oh shut up. You're just lazy." My best friend, Kate sighs. She made me wake up at 8 A.M, just for a sale.

"You're just too energetic." I retort, smartly.

"Early bird gets the worm." She smirked, winking at me as we both make our way to the door.

"Be careful Spencer." My mom stops me, giving me a hard stare. Kate looks between the both of us, worriedly "It's a cruel world." She shakes her head.

What?

I almost laugh in her face as I roll my eyes and walk out the door. My frustration was rising at her interruption as it was already at a skyrocketing height because getting up too early. We both stay silent as we make our way to the car.

Kate unlocks her door, both of us hopping in. "You're never goin to stop are you?" She asks.

"I will when she does." I sigh, laying my head on the window "can we not talk about this?" I plead to her and she nods as I continue "So what sale are we going to?"

"There's no sale." She says, glancing towards me "I just wanted you to get out."

"I was fine." I retort, rather rudely.

"Obviously not." She says with the same tone.

I sigh in defeat "Thanks."

"You're welcome. Now lighten up, we're going to Wal-Mart!" She squeals.

"You're this excited over Wal-Mart?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Duh." She says simply.

The ride is silent for a couple minutes as we listen to the music filling the car. I have butterflies in my stomach and I can't get my finger on why.

I thought I heard about something that was suppose to happen but I can't remember. "Kate, wasn't there something on the news about today?"

She shrugs "I don't know." Her answer just makes my stomach worse. I take note to the fact that only a few cars are in the highway, mostly trucks.

When we turn into Wal-Mart, i notice that no one is here either besides a few cars. She parks the car and we make our way inside.

There's a father there with his two kids, an old lady and a couple of more people. My stomach starts kicking up with butterflies and I feel uneasy towards all this.

Something is wrong.

"Kate I think we should leave." I whisper to her as we make our way to the clearance isle with the father in front of us. He keeps glancing towards us-me.

"Oh we're fine it's probably just too early for everyone." She says carelessly. I look around once more and notice someone else that I didn't see earlier.

He's standing about three isles away in a candy isle, staring at everyone. He's mysterious yet hot. He gives me the creeps even though I don't know him. I shouldn't judge him by his looks but I can't help it. His tattoos and piercings give me a fear, but I simply brush it away. I learn sometimes you can't judge a book by its cover, but sometimes it's the right thing to do.