The Purge (Harry Styles)

Okay new readers I have changed some things so don't go all Purge on me because I changed it into the way I wanted it to be and needed it to be okay? Thank you <3 enjoy

-

"Hello fellow Americans." A woman's voice echoes through the whole store, making everyone jump in fear "Welcome to project five nighty seven."

It's as if she's smiling, like she's happy this is happening. Whatever project five nighty seven is, it sounds chilling, sending frightful goosebumps down my arms and legs.

"We'd like to tell you that you're now participates in this project, everyone in this country." This sounds like the fucking Hunger Games.

What if the girl was covered in makeup right now? The thought makes me chuckle slightly, earning stares from the few people around us.

"For the next seventy two hours, all crime is legal," the robotic voice boomed through the store, through every speaker "Good luck." It said with so much confidence that it made everyone drop their things, especially Kate.

All crime is legal? This is defiantly the fucking Hunger Games. Where the hell is my Peeta?

I whipped around, looking at everyone. Everyone's faces dropped as people began running towards the exit or towards supplies.

My stomach twisted when I saw the father pull out a gun, turning around towards everyone-which at the moment was just me, Kate, his children and an old lady-, with his eye twitching.

You would have never seen it coming, he looked like a normal dad who was out shopping with his kids, enjoying every little thing in life but this is the real him, the crazy him, who hid it for years just to make amends and get through life out of a mental hospital. But now is his chance to let out his frustrations of the world, knowing in the past he would have tried his best to hide it. It's easy to read people who have gone through so much pain, they're so vulnerable.

I felt the world spinning, this isn't real, it can't be. Why the fuck would someone make all crime legal, do they want everyone to die? The man pointed the gun at everyone, most people scattering away. Unluckily, I wasn't one of then.

I'd rather be doing a school project right now.

"Daddy, please don't," a girl-his girl- begged as he paced keeping his eyes towards me.

We're allowed to do anything we want, we can steal, speed, and worst of all people can murder and do much worse.

What the fuck happened to America.

"You," he pointed the gun towards me, I turned my head towards my friend, Kate, seeing as she's almost crying as she stands there, unable to move "You!" His voice boomed through the store, cracking mid word. He was anxious, anxious to let his pain out. " I will shoot you and your friend, come with me!"

I shook my head numerous times. It's crazy how just two seconds ago, we were all living normal lives, shopping at a nearby community store to buy items we needed to support ourselves, seeing how half the isles are cleared, a lump grows in my throat.

All crime is legal.

I'm going to die.

"I've always seen you around here, and I've taken a somewhat interest in you," his greasy grin gives you shivers as his black beard sets off the warning signals along with the twitch of every muscle in his body.

"Let my friend go, take me instead," I speak calmly, we're all going to die eventually, but Kate deserves to live her life longer than me.

"Shut up and let me think!" He yells, making one tear slip out of my eye, my mouth moving before I can stop it.

"But you just talked to me so why can't I talk back?" And there goes my smart mouth.

"Shut up!" His voice booms as he wavers the gun around, ignoring the cries of his own children.

"Why?" I can't stop my mouth from moving.

"You know what," he trails off, stepping closer to me as someone behind him sneaks the kids off, the old lady. He sticks the gun in my temple, putting as much pressure as he can, I wince. I close my eyes, as my life flashes before me. I knew I should have stayed home today.

My eyes are scrunched shut as I listen to everything around me. Screaming, crying, cars wrecking, glass breaking and most of all, the last thing I will ever hear, the breathing of this murderer.

I hear a gunshot, preparing for the pain although I would have died on the spot, but weirdly the guns pressure drops away from me. And for some reason, I feel no pain. I must have died pretty quickly then.

But I can still hear Kate crying, and the sound of screaming. I slowly open my eyes, peaking around me. He's gone.

Well he is until I notice he's laying on the ground, dead, a gunshot through the head indicating someone shot him instead.

My eyes widened as I gasped, I've never seen a brain before.

"Ew." I say, making Kate stop crying.

"Sp-spencer?" She whispers, looking up at me "You're alive!?"

"Yeah!" I finally come to realization, my mouth creating an 'o' formation "I survived!" I cheered out.

"Oh my gosh, I thought you were going to die and-"

"Who cares! I survived, I survived!" I sang out, grabbing Kate's hand and jumping up and down, "I'm a survivor, I'm not going to give up." I sang out.

Suddenly Kate stood still, not jumping with me as I looked like a hooligan jumping by myself.

"Too bad you still have seventy one hours," someone whispers into my ear, making me shiver and stand still, frozen. "Leave."

"Okay." I shrug, about to walk away nervously but am stopped as firm hands grab my shoulders.

"Not you," he gives a squeeze, making me wince "You, blondie." He talks to Kate.

"No! You can't make her leave me!" I cry out.

"I can make you do anything," his deep voice rumbles through my ears and I now take notice to his deep, British voice. "Leave or I will shoot."

She nods her head "I will be back!" I call to her as she walks away slowly, looking back ever two seconds as tears run down her face. "I promise! And I never break my promises Kate! Never!" I cry, tears rushing down my face. "I love you Kate!" I call one last time before my best friend walks out the door, running to her car and speeding off to hopefully safety.

"What do you want?" I growl at the man standing behind me as he chuckles.

"Why isn't it obvious?" He says, answering my question with a question. He laughs then soon enough a rag is covering my breathing holes, forcing me to inhale whatever fumes were on the rag.

"Stop." I grumble weakly, my voice muffled because the rag, "please. I just- who are you?"

I fall into his arms-losing all control of my limbs-, almost in a deep sleep before I finally get a look at him, not so clear, but enough to make out it was in fact a man and not a woman with a deep voice.

I find his eyes, blinking then meeting them. His eyes lock with mine.

The last thing I see is sparkling, emerald eyes staring back at me before black consumes me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAST

Emily Rudd as Spencer

Niall, Harry, Louis, Liam, and Zayn played as themselves

More cast to come:)