Chapter 8 Catching up with the Couples

Hunter admires as his incredible mate stands and stretches, everything she does is just so damned adorable. "Are you hungry sweetheart?" she smiles and nods. "OK how about some dried fruit?" At the mention of fruit she grins.

After the couple have finished their breakfast Hunter suggests a walk, at this Indigo leaps to her feet and eagerly pulls him up, wanting to spend some time with just the two of them. They disappear into woods hand in hand; they walked for hours talking about everything and nothing.

Hunter helped Indigo over a fallen tree; they had been hiking for hours and had decided it was time for a rest and some food. Spreading a blanket on the ground Hunter produced food and water. After they had eaten their fill Hunter stretched out on the ground, Indigo lay perpendicular to him with her head resting on his stomach.

"Tell me something about you that I don't know?" Hunter asked.

"Let me see, I wanted to be an artist before all of this happened. My pack said it was a useless skill and that I had to work in the kitchen. Honestly I'm a pretty good cook but I just saw it as a necessity because you know, you have to eat, it's not what I wanted to do though."

"What do you do? With the art I mean, I'm not sure how to ask."

"You mean my medium? I like craft and painting with acrylics. I really like nature in my work, you know like just fields of wildflowers, stuff like that. I loved doing murals."

"Murals?"

"Big paintings using walls as your canvas. Maybe I could paint landscapes in the nursery, or fairy tales."

Hunter stilled under Indigo, hearing her casually mention painting their future children's rooms made a warm feeling pass through him. A little hoarsely Hunter exclaimed, "That's a great idea! A great big painting of fairies, princesses and knights would be amazing in a kid's room. If you want to be an artist then I think it's a brilliant idea."

Laughing Indigo exclaimed, "You've never even seen my work, I could be completely delusional!"

"Impossible, you are the most amazing woman I've ever met; it stands to reason that you are an incredible artist too."

"What about you Hunter, what do you want to do now that you are planning on retiring."

"Not planning to, am retiring. Well I've a couple of options, I am trained tracker and that's always useful in the pack. But really I'd like to go into construction, building our house was a great experience. I planned everything out and designed the layout, then got to build the whole thing myself. I needed a little help with some things like the foundations and the roof, but honestly I really enjoyed the work. Whatever I decide I can support us and you can pursue your art."

"Don't be silly Hunter, I can contribute. You don't have to everything on your own."

"You should pursue your dreams of becoming an artist; you deserve to do something you want for a while. If it doesn't work out then maybe later you can do something else if you want. Besides if you become a world famous artist then you'll be rich and you can look after me." Hunter finished with a cheeky wink.

"Maybe I will become a famous artist. But if we are going to fill that house you have built for us I might be too busy to conquer the business world."

"I have no doubt you can conquer anything and achieve anything you set your mind to." Hunter murmured.

Indigo had rolled over and was now tracing the buttons of his shirt, she was watching him closely and he felt his mouth run dry. Quickly Indigo jumped to her feet and started to stroll into the woods; turning back she glanced at her mate and with a flirty smile said, "Aren't you coming with me Hunter? There is still so much to see." She leaned against a nearby tree and watched him closely as he smoothly rose to his feet.