42

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE; PLEASE READ: HELLO FRIENDS <3 okay I'm going to get straight to the point. As you may already know, this is the second to last chapter of A Daydream Away. I'm really saddened by this because it's been an amazing 4 months of writing this story. Your feedback has meant the world to me and I can't thank you guys enough. I can't wait to do the same with Thirty Days, which I will be starting shortly after the last chapter of this story. I'm just really happy to be able to write about two of the people I love the very most, and will continue to do so. Thank you again for all the positivty, reads, everything. It means so much. This chapter will be a split one, first I'll do Joey's POV and then I'll do Meghan's. Not too much dialogue, but it's one of the absolute most emotional and important chapters of this entire story. I really hope you enjoy the last two chapters, and yeah! Love you guys :-) 

-Kelsey

"Your life isn't going to wait around while you figure out how to make it work.” 

---

(Joey's POV.)

Usually when there's a lot of things that need to be sorted out, accomplished and finished, I stress out, to the fullest extent possible. I don't quite show it, unless it's been a shit day and nothing is going my way. But other than that, I'll keep quiet and steer clear of dealing with people for a while.

Today was almost that bad, to the point where I was just about to block everyone out, but, I wasn't stressing out one bit. In fact, now that I was finished packing, I was currently in the state of my head being thrown back in a careless laugh. Why? 

Because one of the things I was stressing, was whether or not Meghan was going to say yes. And now that I could hold her in my arms with such a pure and heartwarming sense of closure, what was there to worry about? I could finally call Meghan Camarena mine, after being in love with her for so long. 

I  can now tell her every day how much I love it when she smiles, how it brightens up her beautiful eyes. How I love the way she crinkles her eyes when the sun hits them, and how the sun casts a breathtaking glow on her face. How much I love the sound of her voice when she whispers, how it makes me feel fresh and alive every time I hear it being used. Her singing voice, and how it brings me to a different place. A different place full of peace and serenity, where all I have to think about is her. How much I adore her laugh, her giggles, and the way she looks down when her cheeks turn a rosy red. Her heartbeat, and how it makes me feel so connected to her when I can hear it, and when I can feel it against my skin. Her lips, and how perfectly shaped and filled they are, how delicate and, just, how right they feel when they're pressed to my skin. Her hair, and how it falls beautifully around her cheeks and down her back. Her hands, and the warmth I feel inside of me when her fingers are laced between mine.

I can now tell her every single day that I love her, and how she's the only person I'll ever want to be with for the rest of my life. 

Right now I was laughing, just flat out laughing. What was so funny? I can't remember. Every care and worry has been lifted off of me, and I have never felt more happy in my entire life. 

Just a month ago I was squeezing my eyes shut to push the angry, sad, helpless tears away every time the clock made its way past 2 am. I couldn't sleep, because all I was thinking about was that I didn't deserve anything anymore, not if it meant living my life without Meghan being a part of it. I used to slam my hands against the walls of my room, and become this violent, uncontrollable mess. I thought it was the only way to give my aching heart something to feel other than emotional pain; which was a fight.