Chapter 8 - Danger of Leaving

Chapter 8 – Danger of Leaving

[Rin’s POV]

I immediately transported back to Gaara’s office and found Kankuro there with no sign of the Kazekage, “Kankuro, where’s Gaara?” I instantly asked.

“Follow me,” he said then ran, and of course, I followed him. He went to the hospital wing and entered a room. There, I saw Gaara lying peacefully on the hospital bed.

I stared at him for a while and turned around to ask Kankuro about what happened to him, but there was no one there. I walked over to Gaara’s side and held his hand. Then, in an instant, he opened his eyes.

“What the?” I was about to pull away when he held my hand tighter.

“I didn’t expect Temari’s plan to work,” he said. “Remind me to thank my sister later,”

“It was a joke?” I asked with a bit of frustration in my voice.

“Obviously,”

Why was I so careless? I worried over nothing. I thought he was really hurt. I didn’t know why I was feeling this way when I heard that he was in danger. I should have searched Temari’s memory to know what was up. But I guessed worry took over, not making me do what was needed to do.

“That’s it,” I told him and tried to transport back to Konoha, but with no sheer luck, I failed. “What the hell?”

“You won’t be able to transport back now,” he explained. “I entered my chakra into your body so you won’t be able to escape away from me,”

“Is that even possible?”

“Yes,” he replied. “I researched about it so you won’t escape from me if you attempted to run away,”

“You win this time,” I eyed him. “Gaara,”

I managed to hide my shock from what he had researched. I didn’t know that opposing my power was possible.

He let go of my hand and sat up. “How’s your back?”

“The Hokage healed it,” I said. “Can I go back to Konoha right now?”

“Well,” he said, “Yes, but I need you to accompany me to fetch the Feudal Lord’s son. We’re currently out of ninjas and Kankuro’s tired,”

“You don’t have to come,” I said. “I’ll go.”

“This mission is dangerous that’s why I need to come,”

“You’re the Kazekage,” I told him. “You shouldn’t go on a mission like this one, and I’m pretty sure it’s not that dangerous. And fetching a Feudal Lord son is not that big of a mission,”

“I need to go,” he told me. “You’ll need my help,”

“I don’t need your help,” I answered back. As a matter of fact, I didn’t need anyone’s help as long as I got myself.

“Fine,” he gave up which was a good thing for me. Gaara then gave me the exact location of the Feudal Lord’s son. He said that all I needed to do was show them my head band to know that I came from Suna. All I needed to do was escort him back here.

“That’s all?” I asked him.

“Yes, and one more thing, you can’t leave him alone or hurt him,” I nodded then aimed for the door when I was stopped short by Gaara’s voice, “Rin,” I turned to look at him, right into his beautiful eyes, “Please be careful,”

“Thank you,” I replied. “And I will,”

I arrived at the location of where I was supposed to fetch the Feudal Lord’s son.  As a matter of fact, many shinobis were waiting there for me.

“Who are you?” one of them asked. I pointed at my headband then he tried to familiarize with it.

“I am here to escort the Feudal Lord’s son,” I told him. “I was sent here by the Kazekage of Sunagakure,”

“Please follow me,” he said after he gave me a nod. He escorted me to the Feudal Lord, and a guy with black hair, I knew that he was the son without looking at his memory, was standing right beside him. The shinobi told the Feudal Lord who I was then left.

“Aren’t you a little young to escort my son, kunoichi?” the Feudal Lord asked. I took a glance at his son and saw him grinning widely at me.

“Isn’t the Kazekage young?” I asked him sarcastically.

“Good point,” he said. “Now, if anything bad happens to my son, I would hunt you and kill you. Is everything clear, young kunoichi?”

“Hai,” I answered back. There’s a reason why the villagers of Suna were the ones who needed to escort Feudal Lord’s sons, it’s because they might get lost once they go there by their own. With that, they’re slowing down their pace and it would might be a good chance for the opponents to attack.

After that, the Feudal Lord’s son went beside me with a wide grin on his face. I started to walk as he followed me. All the people pretty much stared at us until we were out of their sights.

As we were walking the woods with silence hovering around us, I could feel the Feudal Lord’s son intensely staring at me. This time, I made a move because it was bothering me so much.

“What’s your problem?” I asked him.

“What problem?” he defensively said.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” I said with coldness lingering around my voice.

“Nothing,” he answered. “Just thinking that I’m the Feudal Lord’s son, I could easily make you my wife and be mine.”