Chapter 17 - Magnet of Troubles

Chapter 17 – Magnet of Troubles

[Gaara’s POV]

“Where are you going?” Temari asked once she took a step inside my office while I was changing from my robe into my battle outfit.

“I’m going to save her,” I answered bluntly, not looking or minding about her reaction.

“Finally!” she yelled. “Let’s go,”

“You are not coming with me,” I looked at her. “You’ll be staying here,”

“You are not the Kazekage when it comes to saving Rin, Gaara,” she smirked at me. “And it means that I’m you sister right now, older sister,”

“Just call Kankuro,” I walked straight ahead as she ran outside my office to call our brother. There was one thing bugging me.

What were they doing to her?

“It’s hard to see anything,” Kankuro commented once we reached the village.

“You idiot,” Temari smacked him on the head. “That’s why it’s called the Hidden Mist Village! You’re not supposed to see anything,”

“Who are you?” a ninja guard blocked our way to the entrance. “Trespassers?”

“I’m the Kazekage of Sunakagure,” I introduced but his face showed that he didn’t believe me. Since I didn’t have a choice, I nodded at Kankuro for him to use a puppet and attach a sleeping liquid inside his body.

“Where do you think they took her?” Temari asked me.

“I’m guessing in the Kage’s building,” I said. We ran to the biggest building of the village and guards blocked us. But it’s a good thing that when I introduced myself, they believed me. Not like the first one did.

“The Hozuke clan came from here, right?” Kankuro asked as some ninjas were leading us to the main office.

“I heard of them,” Temari added. “The can turn their bodies into liquids, right?”

“The Hozuke clan did originate from here,” an older ninja informed. “Suigetsu, a skilled swordsman, I believe that he was spotted with that last Uchiha child,”

“Is the Mizuka clan known here?” Temari wondered.

“They’re the greatest clan before,” the ninja nodded. “It vanished when the clan was murdered, left with just a living one who was accused of murdering her family, and was believed guilty because she ran away,”

“Accused?” Kankuro said. “So you do believe in Rin? You didn’t say that she killed them, you just said that she was accused,”

“I was a great friend of her father’s,” the unknown closed his eyes. “I’ve known Rin ever since she was born. I know that she wouldn’t be able to kill her clan, she treasured them so much,”

“Why didn’t you fight for her?” this time, I was the one who talked.

“I already did,” he looked at me from the corner of his eye. “But they didn’t believe me. I already tried so many times until I lost faith that I could free her,” we reached the room and the ninja knocked on the door twice.

“Come in,” a familiar feminine voice said from the other room.

As I walked inside, the Mizukage stood up. “Gaara,”