Chapter 2 - Battling without Moving

Chapter 2 – Battling without Moving

[Rin’s POV]

I still got no place to stay because the Kazekage was not fully aware of that. I was passing the Kazekage building and I saw Gaara staring at the stars again. The sand started to surround me and lifted me up in front of Gaara.

“Couldn’t sleep again?” I asked him.

“No,”

“Okay, I’ll help you,” I told him and he placed me beside him. It was so funny to think that I could help the Kazekage sleep, but I couldn’t even help my own self. I touched his shoulder and pulled him on my lap again, I held his hand and he closed his eyes.

I stared at the sky until it was morning. I felt Gaara stir on my lap. I wondered how he became Kazekage even though he was young. I guessed that he’s just a year older than me.

“How’s your sleep?” I asked him. He was looking at me, not changing his position on my lap.

“Great. What do you look like?” he asked me. “I could only see your left eye and nothing else,”

“That’s my secret, Kazekage,” I told him. “Are we leaving for Konoha? I could go there by myself,” I reassured him.

“No,” he told me. “I’m invited there. Our village and theirs are allies so we have representatives there as well as the other villages,”

“I’m in the need to use the comfort room,” I blurted out. “Can I?”

“Of course,” he stood up and I followed him. It was a good thing that he didn’t ask any questions about where did I live and why did I need to use their bathroom and not mine. We stopped in front of a door which I guessed is the bathroom. “I’ll be preparing to leave. My siblings would join us,”

“The blonde girl and the make-up guy?” I asked him and he nodded. I went inside the bathroom and bathed. I cleaned by clothes and dried it with the use of my jutsu. I looked at the mirror without my mask, my hair unbraided and bangs tucked in my ear.

As far as I could tell, nobody ever saw my face, not even the Akatsuki. Orochimaru knew my face but I could sense that he was dead. The wind told me, I smelled his blood when he died. I wanted to kill him myself, but someone went in my way.

I put my mask, braided my hair and placed my bangs back on. My eyes were still black. I didn’t want to change it to my normal color ever again, unless I wanted to be ambushed by people who might be able to recognize me.

I went outside the bathroom and saw the Kazekage in his robes and his two siblings.

“We haven’t formally introduced ourselves,” said the blonde girl. “I’m Temari,” then she pointed to the make-up guy. “And this is Kankuro.”

“Rin,” I easily responded.

“We need to go,” said the Kazekage. I walked behind them and I could hear them whispering.

“Gaara,” Temari whispered. “She is not in Chuunin level,”

“I want to see for myself,” the Kazekage said.

“Okay,” Temari sighed.

“Let him,” I told Temari. “He wants to see it for himself. Let him,” I could see Kankuro smirking even though I didn’t know why. We walked on the way to Konoha but I didn’t want to get tired, so I suggested something. “Why don’t we just transport there?”