Chapter 5 - Land of the Crazy Demon

Chapter 5 – Land of the Crazy Demon

[Rin’s POV]

After I bathed, Temari, Kankuro and I already left. I could just transport there but I didn’t know what the village looked like, neither did Temari and Kankuro. So we just did the lamest trick in the book, we walked. I hated walking. Walking meant wasting time, that’s why my clan mastered the teleportation jutsu to avoid wasting something so precious.

I could notice Temari kept glancing at me for every five minutes, but I let it go quickly, maybe she was just imagining what I looked like.

“Hey, Rin-chan,” called Kankuro. “Why are you covering your face?”

“It’s nothing,” I said. “Why are you wearing make-up on your face?”

“It’s nothing,” he said then he made a mistake by looking into my eyes. There were people who could block me out of their mind, but there were obviously people who couldn’t.

“What I told the Kazekage was true then,” I chuckled. “You love your brother even though you feared him at first.”

“Are you a mind reader?” he asked me, panicking again.

“I’m not,” I said. “And according to the looks of it, ever since I came here, you were always panicking. You’re afraid of my power, but in general, you’re really a bad-ass puppeteer before I came, am I right?”

“So you’re not a mind reader,” said Temari. “But what?”

“Memory seeker,” I said.

“No wonder Gaara likes you,” she said with a smile on her face. “You could read him like an open-book and do something about it.”

“He doesn’t like me,” I assured her.

“Really?” she asked, unconvinced. “I want you to look into my memory when I was talking to Gaara while you were in the comfort room,” she looked at me straight in the eyes and I stared at them, curious of what they talked about while I was gone.

“Any other orders?” Temari asked the Kazekage.

“I want you to take care of Rin,” he said. “No matter what it takes,”

“Hai,” Temari agreed.

“So?” she asked me with a big grin on her face. “I’m going to have a sister-in-law! And I’m going to have nieces and nephews with powerful jutsus that’s unbeatable!”

She seemed happy. “Me too,” Kankuro muttered with a smile on his face.

I raised an eyebrow at Temari, trying to browse her memory. I chuckled a bit, “And by the looks of it, you’re in love with a guy named Shikamaru Nara from Konoha who fights with the use of shadow jutsu. He’s a lazy-ass guy who always says ‘What a drag’ and he gave up on the preliminaries exam and let you win. You’ve been coming to each other’s aid when in trouble. Did I get any part wrong?”

“What the heck Temari!” yelled Kankuro. “You’re in love with that guy?! You’re older than him!”

Temari’s red face was priceless, like it would explode at any minute now. “Don’t worry, Temari,” I told her. “I think he likes you too. And age doesn’t matter as they said,”

“You think so?” she asked me, calming down.

“I’ll even place a bet for it,” I gave her a smile even though she couldn’t see through my mask.