Chapter 4 - Konoha or Suna

Chapter 4 – Konoha or Suna

[Rin’s POV]

“But Hokage-sama!” complained Temari. “We need her in our village,”

“And on top of that,” Kankuro blurted, “We saw her first!”

“I couldn’t agree more,” the Kazekage said. So, he wanted me to stay then? “How about you, Rin?” he asked as he turned to look at me.

Now, their eyes were all on me. “I’ll stay in Suna in one condition,” I looked at the Kazekage with his eyes telling me to go on. “I want S-rank missions, straight, nothing lower than that,” he thought about it for a second the nodded. Then I looked at the Hokage, “I’ll train your students if I have the time and I guess it’s after every mission.”

“Very well then,” said the Hokage. “I’m pretty sure that you’re going to be a great sensei,”

“Thank you,” I replied. I turned to look at one particular person with silver hair who remained silent, “You’re Kakashi Hatake right? The copy ninja,”

“How’d you know?” he asked, quite curious.

“I saw what’s underneath your mask when I was little,” I told him and all the people in the room eyed me suspiciously. “I guess they haven’t even saw your real face,”

“H-How?”

“You were still an ANBU that day,” now that I remembered, he was with someone named Itachi Uchiha. I knew about Itachi Uchiha for I heard so much about their clan. They were one of the most powerful clans in the world of shinobi but Itachi massacred his whole clan and joined the evil organization called the ‘Akatsuki’. “You were on a mission and you were assigned for look out because your teammates were going to sleep, and you were such a careless guy that day that you managed to fall asleep from exhaustion that you haven’t even noticed me taking off your mask, I caught a few glimpse of the other ANBUs,” they just stared at me, wide-eyed. “What?” I shrugged them off. “I was curious,”

“How did you handle it?” he asked me.

“I handled it normally,” I said. “I’m not a fan girl but I bet your face haven’t even changed a day,”

“You saw what’s underneath his mask?” Naruto asked me. I nodded. “Damn it, I wanted to see what’s behind his mask for years!”

“Hey,” approached Sakura. “Is Kakashi-sensei as handsome as they say?”

“He is,” I told them. “But with such carelessness during a mission, I don’t want to be anywhere near him at all.”

“Wait,” Kakashi said. “I was just exhausted that day. I’m not careless! And you don’t like my face?”

“Losing your pride Kakashi-sensei?” asked Neji with a smirk on his face. Now that I mentioned it, everybody inside this room was smirking.

Was Kakashi’s pride that big? Even the Hokage and Kazekage were smirking.

I was still a child back then and how I remembered his face so well, I didn’t know. And my mask was just like his, that’s where I got the style.

“Kakashi-sensei found a match! And he already lost!” yelled Naruto which made Kakashi smack him harder than Sakura did.

“I think we’re finished here,” Temari said. “We need to go,”

“And Rin,” called the Hokage, “We’ll be waiting for you here in Konoha.” I gave her a nod for a response. I didn’t want to look at her blankly. I needed to show some respect.