Chapter 7 - First day at Konoha

Chapter 7 – First day at Konoha

[Gaara’s POV]

“Gaara!” Temari and Kankuro came bursting to the door, panting. I didn’t expect them to arrive here soon. It was a S-rank mission, and it only took them not more than one day to be back. “It’s about Rin-chan,”

“Take me to her,” I immediately said and they ran as I followed behind them. We went to the hospital and hurriedly went to Rin’s room. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. It was like something horrible had happened to her. I never expected for such thing to happen.

“Her chakra’s down to zero and a kunai hit her lung, but luckily, it’s not that deep. Other than that, she’s stable,” the medic said. “She just needs to rest,” with that, she bowed before me then left. I looked at Rin’s peaceful face.

“What happened?” I asked them.

“Look Gaara,” Temari sighed. “I know you asked me to take care of her but she shifted my wound to her own body, I don’t even know how she did it,”

“Why is her chakra down to zero then?” I asked then Temari explained to me what happened in the mission. She said that Rin left for a couple of minutes and when she came back, she looked exhausted, then a rogue ninja appeared and threw a kunai at Temari, after that, Rin shifted the wound to her body but they still didn’t know where she went before that.

“And other than that,” blurted Kankuro. “She’s strong, she didn’t even think that the mission is an S-rank.”

“You two go rest,” I told them. “I’ll take it from here,”

“Whatever you say, Gaara” smirked Temari. “I know you like her,” she whispered but I ignored it so I could avoid her talking. I was used to her being annoying. She’s my sister after all. Temari dragged my brother out until I was left alone with Rin.

I turned off the lights then turned the lamp beside her hospital bed on. I took a chair and sat beside her bed.

I looked at her once again then held her hand. After that, I fell asleep.

[Rin’s POV]

I slowly opened my eyes and I could feel someone’s hand in mine. I looked at the owner of the other hand and saw none other than the Kazekage himself.

I only sleep when I’m unconscious or if my chakra was down to zero. I could stay awake because I kept sending chakra to my brain, so if my chakra was down to zero, I wouldn’t be able to send anything to my brain to keep me awake for all those years.

I was surprised that I hadn’t been unconscious for a whole month though, not to mention that I hadn’t slept for ten years, so I guessed a whole month of unconsciousness would make up for it.

A little amount of chakra was the only thing that’s keeping me awake. I send chakra to my brain to keep it running so I’ll be fine without even sleeping.

Now that I mentioned it, the Kazekage’s hand filling mine felt complete. I didn’t know how to explain it but there was something about it, something that made me want to smile.

I squeezed his hand and set my thoughts aside knowing that thinking about the Kazekage was not a healthy option for me.

I think he felt my squeezing because he immediately stirred. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. “So, you’re awake,” his voice somehow changed, he sounded … worried.